The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Visited CNH plant in Grand Island NE, a few weeks back and tour guide indicated 28-32 units per day depending on the model mix. They were building all Red combines that day, no Yellow ones. This plant only builds the Rotary combines for Case-IH and New Holland. They have other plants that build walker combines but I don't know where they are or the numbers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
5600 difference in serial numbers from our 4 '06 9660s to our 4 '07 9660s. Ordered the same time and delivered about the same time both years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For every 5000 difference in the serial number the year model changes.

Ex...

96605000= 2005 model
966010000= 2006 model
966015000= 2007 model

etc... those are not exact and I don't know if they make 5k of each size or not but was told that.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Maybe a lot less I was told by a my red dealer that both red and green have cut back big time ,toured Grand Island plant last Feb.they were running 28 to 32 per day.( average six yellow the rest red)

·
Premium Member
5,853 Posts
Mark that is what I thought. There is a lot fewer machines made than we think. It will likely shrink a lot in the next few years.

·
Registered
148 Posts
did the moline tour in '12 and they wouldn't tell you numbers per year, but said they were cutting 50,000 tons of plate steel each year at that stage. Guessing that qty was only for the S series combine no fronts. must be in the high 4000's to 5000 pa

·
Super Moderator
4,011 Posts
Interesting when these old threads are brought up again!

Being as this thread just turned 6 the answer is bound to have changed.
A lot.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Annual production varies greatly. Just because X number was built on the day you were there doesn't translate into X times 365 days obviously...... You can probably count on 5-7000 per year out of the Moline factory each year.
Good to hear! I thought they had stopped making Minneapolis Moline combines years ago!:D Just kidding, fj.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts