Off Topic Case spayers

3K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  casefarmer 
#1 ·
Anyone have a 4260 or 4410 Case sprayer

and what do you think of them also how long have you used the machine

im looking to buy a low hour model if i can find one

thanks

#2 ·
I bought a 4410 last year it was the nicest sprayer I have ever drove. the 50/50 weight ratio makes it handle very nice. the cab is very quiet and controls are very user friendly We put aim command on ours seemed to help drift on windy days it is also nice to the get the even micron size for Round-up Overall it is a excellent sprayer

#3 ·
Have a nighbor that raises over 6000 acres of suger beets and many more corn and beans. He has 2 of the largest Case sprayers made (not sure the numbers). He had a local welder make 176' booms for them.

He (welder) never had a call from them all season.

Those sprayers must be good.

#4 ·
Thanks guys

Yeah the quiet cab sure would be a big improvemtn to my early model 1254 rogator

i just hope its as dependable

Thanks for the info

I think that AIM command would be nice

especially being able to go any MPH and keep the same rate

that's an attractive deal

#6 ·
So the 4260 is smoother than a 1254 with that nice air bag system?

My only complaint honestly besides AGCO and there parts division and the service im getting from a (not to be named) parts company sucks badly

im not too happy with that and i can't call my local service rep and ask a quick question

instead i call someone who calls someone (probably leaves them a message and then i finally get a good answer who knows when)

I have been promised by the case guy that i can have his cell and can call anytime..day or night

and he will be glad to help

I did test drive the 4410 which im told is the same as the 4260's with the surveyor cab

so i was very very impressed with the cab noise

i could hear myself think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Everyone is talking really good about these machines so thats great and worries me lol...they all have quirks

I had a hard time racking the booms but thats my first time

kinda odd rack design at first glance but hopefully i'll trade for a 4260 and then work on it...

Thanks for your input.....i appreciate it alot

#7 ·
A little off topic but my cousin has a 4720 ('05) had a ('03) 4710 before that, and he runs a commercial spray applicator business. Last alone he said he could do close to 1,000 acres a day barring he had the necessary chemical and water on the sprayer. He has the 90' booms on his 4720. I believe he said last year he did way over 50,000 acres and has had to do nothing to his sprayer. The cab is just like all the other JD cabs, very nice to me, not sure about case as I haven't inside them lately, but the JD is very nice. I am not sure about Case's sprayers but I know the JD's rule supreme out here in western KS.

#8 ·
Yeah out here nobody really has the larger John deere's

Alot of the smaller guys and normally in southern ill if you can get 500 to 700 a day your doing well

Im sure in the flat lands you could do 1,000 a day pretty easy

but that sure will never happen with me lol

im working on increasing my loading times and thats helped a lil bit

Does he ever have problems with HP?

thats the only reall downside ive been told that there is to deere's from some people ive talked to

thanks for the post...

also even if they were the best i think im too stubborn and probably wouldn't go green

id get made fun of to much

#9 ·
We tested out a deere sprayer this year and the biggest impression it made on me was the ride quality. That air ride suspension is just incredible. For the guys that run 12+ hours a day, I can see how a deere would make that less of an issue as the operator fatigue wouldn't be as much of an issue.

Has anyone run both a case and a deere sprayer to know the good and bad points of each?

-Lance

#10 ·
He is getting ready to upgrade his reloading system. He is going with 3 nich plumbing this time I think instead of 2".

No HP has not been a problem. To my knowledge the only time he's gotten it stuck was when he was doing it right after a rain this fall, the only time I can think of. I will ask him exactly what he thinks when I go back to college and talk to him some more.

#11 ·
Yeah i really love the ride of the 1254 rogators cause of the air bags

But like i stated cab noise and frame cracks and the fact they are not updateing and makeing alot of changes (unless they did in the 1274 but from what ive seen nothing id do)

but might work i suppose

#12 ·
Also to the other guy about the 3 inch

we are considering that as well...

Im hopeing i can use my xmas money and buy me a nice bangjo 3 inch pump i think i have the right motor for it

And id like to know just how much of a difference it will make when all is said and done

i hate to start in and redo alot on our setup to go 3 inch but if it speeds up everything alot then im game

Have a great xmas and thanks for the post

#14 ·
Quote:must be nice haveing that kinda grown where you can cover alot of acres

Yeah, if you're in an area that has 1000+ acre fields, then it would be easy to get 1000+ acres/day on the sprayer. Road time and doing headlands always seems to just kill your average acres/hour number.

Here in the rolling hills of eastern Iowa, we don't have the luxury of large fields. We have plenty of headlands and waterways to border as well.

-Lance

#15 ·
Yea the ride quality in his 4720 is something else. I rode in it with him a couple time, he doesn't have the extra seat, so I rode on the console and it still wasn't a big deal to me. He is going to run this sprayer this year again and then trade it off, so this sprayer will have covered easily 100,000 acres and has not had a breakdown yet. He's thinking the 3" pipe should cut down his reloading times by almost a 1/3 which in the world of spraying is a big amount of time. He has picked up more acres this year so he might cover over 125,000 total on the sprayer, but as I said I will ask him more specifics when I go back to Colby for school again.

#17 ·
They offer a Boom that isn't made by them but it is a all aluminum boom that telescopes out from 90-135 FT

I can't remember the company of the top of my head
but its a awesome boom

Yeah case just offers a 90 ft

Maybe there thinking the 100 and 120 steel just isn't the best idea lol

in our area i still need the 60/(whatever)

for most fields cause of some customers

So your right...but you can also get a different boom

(offered by case)

#18 ·
Double B Repair & Manufacturing
6666 58TH Ave SE
Willmar, MN 56201-9632
(320) 382-6623

This guy built our 120' boom we mounted on the front of a MT735.

He builds the 176' booms mounted on the back of your big case sprayers. 176' is for the 48-22" planters being used. The guys who bought these big booms farm ALL green equipment, except for sprayers.

Everything he builds is made to last. If nothing else ask him (his name is Brad) If he could E-Mail you pictures of that big boom. Its 3/4 the width of electric poles here.

#19 ·
I finally remembered the sprayer Boom company's name

and its Phoenix

The same people who make the Phoenix harrow (if youve heard of them)

Its very sharp....and from the way things look they are pretty dedicated to makeing that boom a great BOOM

i hope so...i kinda like the sound of it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.