The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we are seeing crude oil prices dropping, and now fuel prices at the pump are dropping, have any of you heard about bulk engine oil and hydraulic oil from your suppliers dropping in price yet. I was wondering how long that would take, i was walking around in Canadian tire yesterday and the prices are still what they were before the drop.

·
Registered
880 Posts
not a chance that is moving anytime, those guys hope they can sing it out and wait for oil going up again which gives them cheap inventory.
i don't have my hopes up anyways.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Hello Combine Pilot
My supplier from my Co-op called me last week to see what my needs were for the up coming season. He has a winter booking program in Dec. so that he knows more or less how much to order in. I asked him if the prices had dropped seeing as how crude price has tumbled & said that it'd be a bitter pill to swallow if a guy had to pay the same prices as last year. He said that the price is the same as last year. He said that even though crude has dropped the price of the "addatizers":confused: that Federated Co-op has to buy have not & in fact have gotten more expensive because they are bought from the US & with the drop of our Canadian $ they are costing more.
I thought that if bulk oil prices had followed crude prices down, I would've ordered some just to stock up & take advantage of the lower price. I'd use the oil sooner or later anyways. Seeing as how I had just tapped my drum of trans/hydraulic a couple of weeks ago & still have a full drum of DMO, I'm not ordering any. I'll wait until next year after all that old stock, high priced inventory has worked it's way through the system!!!;);):rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That what i was thinking, i need a barrel of DMO and some hyd oil and fluid, hoping by next year some prices may drop since the prices have snuck up to ridiculous levels, and i hear a lot of people calling it the norm. (i have first hand experience on oil companies workings on the inside, and they are spoiled rotten and lazy with $100 barrel oil, if there ever had to compete like other industries they would be gone in a month)
Side note i used to buy my oil from Walmart in Saskatoon, and noticed they down sized the pail to 18.? liters instead of the 20 liters, that they insultingly call a 5 gallon pail. when i called the employee on it, He told me that it is now a true 5 gallon pail, i told him flat out this is Canada not America we have a 4.54 liter gallon. then i realized that a lot of employees there at Walmart Saskatoon are American, just like the lot at lowes here in Calgary, What is up with that? I was so pissed off with being stomped over as a Canadian by foreigners yet again, i wanted to make my own video right there in the electronics department. A lot of people here in the office towers are crapping bricks about the low oil price, how are they going to push that mortgage payments on these ridiculous priced homes thanks to the high oil prices, talk about irony.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Maybe you should do your shopping in only Canadian owned stores..and skip the big foreign-owned chain stores....teach them a lesson...maybe Canada should seal the border...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Spent some time over the holidays with people who work in the pipeline industry. What I took from that was the arrogant attitude these people have towards everyone else's jobs and industry. They think they are untouched at the moment by dropping prices and they alone will continue to make 1500.$ a day watching other people work or per forming useless safety functions as grossly overpaid consultants. This is what is wrong with the oil industry as a whole and we as consumers have to finance this excessive lifestyle.

·
Super Moderator
2,511 Posts
i used to buy my oil from Walmart in Saskatoon, and noticed they down sized the pail to 18.? liters instead of the 20 liters, that they insultingly call a 5 gallon pail. when i called the employee on it, He told me that it is now a true 5 gallon pail, i told him flat out this is Canada not America we have a 4.54 liter gallon.
Ah, the great Canadian packaging piss off!:mad:
Corporations praying on YOUR desire to cling to an archaic measuring system for for profit, what a surprise.:eek:

You want to sneek in a price increase on windshield washer fliuld?
No sweat, reduce package size 4.0 liters to 3.78, a 5.6% change call it a gallon, nobody notices.
Reduce oil from 20 liters to 18.92, call it 5 gallons, presto, 5.8% price increase basically goes unnoticed because they call it 5 gallons which seems to make most people happy.

**** gallons, American or otherwise, give me 1/5/10/20 liter container sizes.
Your a Canadian.
Use to your advantage.:)

Every time UFA ***** around with packaging sizes they hear from me.
As they are are just a reseller their power is fairly limited against the generally American corporations they purchase from, but I feel better after anyway.;)

Smallest change ever?
When the soft drink industry changed the 600 ml bottle to 591. 20 American oz.:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts