The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
1,382 Posts
I use a barrel pump at work. Gas/air driven. Diaphragm driven

· Registered
1,584 Posts
About 10 years ago when I was picking up a tote of engine oil and one of Hytran the Case dealer had a 110 volt pump with some hose for about $500 and change. I built a shelf for 2 totes right up at the ceiling above the workbench, dead space and always warm, and pump the oil up there. I have a 1" fuel hose running down from each tote to a ball valve mounted above a small bench/table for filling jugs or whatever. Just behind each jug filling valve is a T with another valve and a cam-lock which I use for hooking up the 3/4 or 1" hose from the 110 v pump that sucks the oil out of the tote and pumps it up to storage. The suction hose is about 1" clear braid hose with a 2" camlock that hooks to the outlet of the tote. If you have a tote on your pickup in winter just leave it in the shop overnight and the oil is warm enough to pump in the morning. This does not help for mobile apps but works really nice in the shop.

Thought I had a picture of valves but can't find at the moment.
Interior design Electricity Building Wood City

· Registered
500 Posts
I got an electric oil pump a few years ago from Princess Auto when they had them on clearance. I have one mounted on a tote and it works well.

I also have air operated pumps on barrels on carts with hose reels and meters and they are handy. Set the meter for how much oil you want and the meter stops the flow once the preset volume has been reached.
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Electrical wiring Gas Wire
White Motor vehicle Gas Fluid Naval architecture

· Registered
500 Posts
Sk farm boy where did u get that barrel cart and pump set up ? Been looking at a few and not sure which brand to go with.
The cart, hose reel and meter came from Princess Auto. They just had them on sale the first part of April, you can still likely get the sale price if you ask at the customer service desk.
The pump is a Samson Pumpmaster 2 3:1 ratio pump that I purchased used. I tried the pumps from Princess Auto but the first 2 they shipped were defective and did not pump, I did not give them a third chance. The Samson pumps are more money but not a lot and you can get parts for them if needed. I put an air pressure regulator and filter assembly with a shut off valve on the pump as my air system pressure is higher than what is recommended for the oil pump.
The carts have decent sized wheels which roll fairly nice, also one of the swivel casters has a lock so that the cart stays put when you pull the hose out of the hose reel. Meter seems to work fine so far. I have had the one set up for just over a year now, based on that I just purchased another setup this year when they were on sale. I also have a third cart with an electric pump like is on the tote in the picture.

· Premium Member
1,382 Posts
I think the only dirt that it would roll easily on would be gravel that has been bonded together by a product called cement. :)
I think the wheels are too narrow to roll easily on any surface that is not solid unless maybe the barrel was empty or near empty.
What is this cement thing you speak of?

Reactions: whtbaron
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.