The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like the true blue red fellers (I still have a pair of red underwear in the drawer) who hung with the 8010 get more satisfied and confident/happy with em every year.

SO, were thinking of trading the 575, priced a 07 585 with 40' flex, and also an 07 8010 with new 35' flexdraper. I figured I'd post this info on our 575 in hopes of finding a a guy out here with similar data on their 8010 to see what we'd be getting into.

Here's our data from the lexion Cebis.

These numbers IMO are as close to actual as a guy can get. We run two combines, so it would be impossible for us to figure out the numbers any other way.

On three harvest seasons our machine has:

Harvested 9,177 acres

Has 724 seperator hours

Used 1.08 gallons per harvested acre, or 1.15 GPA with road time included.

Harvested 1,339,266 bushels. I'll give a huge swag in that 10% are straight cut navy's (SLOW PITA HARVEST with any machine) 40% soybeans, and 50% corn.

My math isn't great, but I beleive that to be 1,849 bu/hour average when the seperator is running.

Were not married to lexion, but sure am comfortable with our service, support, and capacity of our "class 7" machine. I beleive our Red dealer would give similar support/service, and I also beleive the 8010 "should" have more capacity. Its simpler by design, but german beast IMO is built like a brick shiznit house from what I can see visually compared to 8010. We'd miss tracks.......ALLOT, but price may be right for now, and tracks are comming down the pipe from CNH..........

Just looking for some honest facts, nothing more, thanks.
Brian

·
Registered
93 Posts
you would not be disapointed. I work on 70 and 8010's and the this that I have got to say is that there is nothing out there that will compete with an 8010 that is set up RIGHT and in the right condions. The thing that cat has going for them is there tracks, I can't really say anything about cat cause I don't know that much about them just my two cents I would really like to tell you more about the 8010 but that is alot of typing.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
I'll take on a 580 with my 8010 ANYTIME. who wants such a complicated beast. you can chip a 8010 if you need to but I doubt it buy a flex draper you'll love it

·
Super Moderator
3,975 Posts
Quote:One of the guys here ran an 8010 against a Lexion 580... It's really no competition. Lexion's Class 8 machines will outperform anything else on the market...
I know of at least 3 guys here who like to hear that! And their all 590's!

Don

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
You will be disappointed with the 8010 if you are going to harvest small grain,especially in tough and/or weedy conditions she has a poor performance.The case-ih factory installed chopper/spreader set up is the worst thing i have ever seen(plugging between pan and spreader),and you should make sure that you have a big air compressor or blower out in the field,because the rads are plugging at least once a day.

·
Super Moderator
3,975 Posts
Quote:You will be disappointed with the 8010 if you are going to harvest small grain,especially in tough and/or weedy conditions she has a poor performance.
Yes, but wouldn't that be the case for any "true" rotary?

Don

·
Registered
93 Posts
you reallly need to talk with the guys that run 8010s and not the guys with cat if you are looking for a change. You will be very happy with an 8010. some of you guys need to read his post he is a corn soybean guy not small grain. In my eyes from the machines that I run it will out do a 575 anytime.

·
Registered
111 Posts
In regards to poor performance in tough and weedy conditions in small grains. I don't find that to be true at all with our 8010.. I find it to be very good in tough conditions and very quiet and smooth. Haven't ran into problems at all with green stem wheat running 130 bpa in high humidity..

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
lots of claas combines in canada must work well in small grains. I don't know anything about or want to know anything about small grains.

·
Premium Member
5,952 Posts
Remember that he's comparing a 585 (class 8) to a 8010 (class 8).

I'm a Massey guy personally, but I'll give credit where it's due. A Lexion will out-run, and out-combine ANY machine out there in the same class. It's just the way they are built - do they have more moving parts, and are they a more complicated system? Yes, but considering the capacity... it's worth it

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:

Here's our data from the lexion Cebis.

These numbers IMO are as close to actual as a guy can get. We run two combines, so it would be impossible for us to figure out the numbers any other way.

On three harvest seasons our machine has:

Harvested 9,177 acres

Has 724 seperator hours

Used 1.08 gallons per harvested acre, or 1.15 GPA with road time included.

Harvested 1,339,266 bushels. I'll give a huge swag in that 10% are straight cut navy's (SLOW PITA HARVEST with any machine) 40% soybeans, and 50% corn.

Just looking for some honest facts, nothing more, thanks.
Brian

While I appreciate the response, I gave Lexion Facts, no one here has given me anything other than opinion..........
PONY UP!

·
Super Moderator
3,975 Posts
Quote:While I appreciate the response, I gave Lexion Facts, no one here has given me anything other than opinion..........
PONY UP!

Brian they haven't because they can't. So you have 350 base power.
590R has 462, 132% of yours. To apply that to your figures makes for incredible "average" capacity.

Don

·
Registered
25 Posts
heres my 2 cents
Over here we have perhaps 5or 6 8010s in the district and just recently theres been 2 lexion 600s
I think they are the same as 595r
the 8010s are doing maybe 60..65tonne/hr in a 10..11 tonne/ha crop and not taking all the straw
The big lexions are 80tonne/Hr and shaving the ground
As you can see from my picture of the 7010 theres quite alot of straw
No comparison The lexion is a beast with a price tag to match
I havent owned one but from all accounts they are good
We like the axialflows because they are simple and our dealer is excellant
Hey Don....yesterday was doing 75litres an hour in an 8tonne/ha crop.....different day..... different crop and only 45tonne/hour.....still love it

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm surprised farmboy hasn't responded with some of his numbers. I think he was telling me he was harvesting a half million bushels of corn every year with his 8010. that would 1.5 mill every 3 years on corn alone. I've seen 2388 put 1300 bushels an hour through it in a 130-150 bushel wheat crop with green stems and high humidity. thats impressive However 1800 avg. is really good considering the fuel burn of a 7. My question to you is if you are happy with evrything on the cat why would you consider something else?? If it isn't broke don't fix it. I think an 8010 would hang with 590 considering one is considered a 16 row machine and the other is only 12 row. A friend has a 485 and its basically somewhere between a 580-590 on capacity or so the salesmen says. But I think an 8010 with me behind the wheel would give that thing a run for its money. It should the 8010 has more ponies. Another huge thing to consider is the lexions are ALOT more complex. I helped him work on it one day and I would have never thought a few belts would have turned into that much work. two weeks later we were putting a feederhouse in it. then after harvest I really saved his bacon when I noticed his feederhouse looked crooked. He thought I was hallucinating and was shocked when I found that one side was up and one side was down (DRUM). That would have screwed that new feederhouse up royally. To go from cat to case would be ok because of how much simpler they are. But to go from case to cat would make a fella nervous just by opening up the shields on the lex. capacity comes with a price and one is $$$ and the other is simplicity. just my .02

·
Premium Member
5,952 Posts
I know the fellow I was talking to here was saying that the 2588 had the same capacity as the 8010 in small-grains. This is a side-by-side trial, same field, same 30' headers. Put a lexion in the mix (580) and it was carrying a 36' header @ 1mph more than the IHs. (I hope that's the kind of 'facts' you're looking for!)

I'd say that's a large improvement in capacity. I don't know about corn, though this farmer does harvest a certain amount of fababeans, which are much larger than soy. He had the same results in those too.

I'll agree with operaider on the complexity though. You have to weigh that in...

-Christian

PS: To whoever said a 8010 will out-run a MF 9895, you're seriously dreaming. They did a demo in Dauphin, and the 9895 walked away from the 8010 in 50 bu/acre canola.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Gee Kiwicropper Im marvelling at those yields, a good yield here is a ton to the acre, oh for more rain! If I could get those sorts of yields we could crop 1 every 5 yrs and my address would be somewhere in the Bahamas! maybe your costs are high or something, there never seems to be a legal way of getting rich quick. However if Im wrong please tell me and Ill become a neighbour as quick as I can!!!

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Are you serious????? Well im shocked b575 but im very very happy for you.

Im glad you finally listened to me.. Its taken a long time but im proud of you.
Welcome to the family

1 - 20 of 40 Posts