The Combine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this on the "back 40" of my dad's property. ANTHONY embossed on the back panel. Any info anyone can share with me - including value - would be much appreciated. I have to move it, and REALLY don't want to scrap it. It's been in the elements for a while.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,150 Posts
Not sure when it joined with Brantford Coach and Body in Canada and if Anthony was Canadian or American, but the Brantford Anthony name was common around WII era. I even have one of their under box hoists of that vintage myself still operating on a former 1953 GM 9700 gravel truck, box long since fell apart. Large diameter cylinders with a self contained pump/reservoir in the cylinder base. Reason for the large diameter was because they run lower pressure than anything we see today.
It was a division of Cockshutt actually, a Canadian truck body and hoist manufacturer, remained in the family after the hostile takover of the farm machinery division, it was the last part of that family owned company of which was sold off in the late 60s to Trailmobile.
I also have one of the last Brantford highboy trailers,35X8 foot tandem axle with their own one of kind walking beam equalizing suspension. They were a well respected company in their day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts