The Combine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any use for old bins? Scrap companies want galvanized ? In the last we have just buried them. Have some in my yard I want to get rid to make room for other stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Wish you was closer, I always take any I can get, buy for a reasonable price or giveaway, good or blown over. The smaller ones I layover and haul with the Stackcrusier, others slide them up on a tilt haystack mover..I build everything from cattle shelters and more out of the panels, the roofs are great for updating those wooden hopper bins or oil storage tanks. You can make panels straight by driving over them with a tractor or such carefully, then even fencing...list goes on. Have some in sections that reach about 14 feet wide, I can carry with front end loader and set on top of two rectangular feeders to make an instant calf sheds. Biggest structure to date is my calving barn, is like a mini quonset, 20x28 on short wooden pony walls. Have the material to do a 60x16 footer that will use two four foot high bridge crane beams as the pony walls, hoping to get that together yet this spring. Maybe advertise on Kijiji or such, maybe someone like me somewhere close by!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Same boat as Albertabuck, make great shelters. Hard to find good prices around here though.

·
Registered
199 Posts
in the same boat as Albertabuck, haven't bought tin for windbreaks or roofs in quite awhile. Bolts, nuts, and washers too. You don't realize how many 5/16 short bolts you use in a year until you've used a couple icecream pales full

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've sold a couple 1800bu bins to a guy who split them down the middle (top to bottom), he then bolted the halves together and built a quanset. Actually turned out much better then I thought it would. Sold a few more to a guy who fills them with firewood. But I've also thrown my fair share into a hole too...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts