The Combine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I’ve been trying to get done the past few winters was scanning all my old photos as well as the ones from my parents, back to the thirties and a few older. Nicer and easier to share with others. Another project was to scan the stack of calendars mom kept. Interesting as she wrote seeding and harvesting dates, rainfall, important dates etc. Anyway I found some of the calendar photos interesting and thought I’d share on here. Kinda neat to go on Google Earth to see if any of the old elevators still exist. Some older equipment and farming methods some of you may have experienced.
Medora Manitoba
Carrot River SK from 1978 calendar
Dafoe SK 1974
Glidden Sk 1978 calendar

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,216 Posts
This thread prompted me to look back at some old calendars, saw that when I was 13 I was making $2/hr to put in 10 hours per day on the swather and fertilize on weekends. I wonder what you could get for $2/hr now...

Lots of stuff written down on those old calendars, another one was how many km I snowmobiled and with whom. Good memories.:smile:

·
Premium Member
8,216 Posts
Yeah, but I’ll bet room and board was included!
Indeed it was, although I see there were chores to do that don't show up on the recorded hours.

This one is for you Don.:wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Where is the old calendar photo's from the Tyre/forums/images/CombineForum_2015/smilies/tango_face_wink.png merchant/mechanic shop that always got hung in the shop, behind the bathroom door/forums/images/CombineForum_2015/smilies/tango_face_wink.png
There are some of those hanging in my grandpas shop still.... quite faded and with glue on the boobs where grandma tried to glue on bikini tops.... [for some reason the tops didnt stick........)
?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Where is the old calendar photo's from the Tyre;) merchant/mechanic shop that always got hung in the shop, behind the bathroom door;)
We would go to visit my dad’s buddy down the road and before we went into his shop my dad would tell me not to look at his calendars. Yeah, that worked out well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts