The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have access to old Flexicoil dual tank (1000/500) sprayer. Been thinking about switching from dry fertilizer to liquid at seeding. I have a TBT New Holland P2080 disc drill with 7.5 spacing. The thought of running a basic mix in the larger tank and crop specific micros in smaller tank is intriguing. Have searched for pictures or any information on anybody else doing this and have been unable to find anything specific.

Anybody tried this or even a regular single flexicoil sprayer recommissioned as a liquid cart?

·
Registered
460 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't work if you don't have to contend with hills. It would be nice if you could just get a liquid tank to put on your air cart without having to fabricate a custom setup.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
What kind of pumping and metering system are you planning to use? Most people in my area that do liquid use ground-drive, positive-displacement pumps.

Not sure how you'd drive a pump from the wheels of the sprayer tank, but maybe some kind of sprocket could be installed where the ground speed wheel thing is bolted.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Here you would use hydraulic drive pumps controlled by a rate controller with section control. Would have liquid manifolds feeding to the opener but we are also using higher rates of fertilizer. We actually have double manifolds to allow for a wide variable rate application.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the replies. Still kicking the idea around and now have a few more things to think about.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Looks like that cart has a ground drive on the pump, or is that just the old metering mechanism that hasn't been removed?

·
Registered
460 Posts
I think you see the seed meter drive. I think the big tank has hydraulic drive sme the small tank has a ground drive pump behind the tires.
We also ruined two tanks from holding liquid doo area putting the 2,000 gallon tank on our cart.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts