The Combine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it looks as if we are very close to making a deal on a 56ft 1870 conservapak with a 550bu 1910 cart. The question I have is we have a TJ530 with twin pumps and I know it is more than capable of running this unit but we would rather keep out TJ on our 58ft NH drill as it will be a harder pulling unit and the tractor handles it better in wet conditions. Our other tractor is a 9380 case, it pulled the 58ft drill for 2 years before we bought our TJ so we know it is capable of just being hooked up and running the NH drill.

Ideally I would like to hook the JD drill to the 9380 because the drill will be easier draft/ easier to pull in wet then the NH unit so I would like to run it on the case. Has anyone run the new 1910 carts with an older tractor? Would the 30gpm closed center hydraulics be enough for this unit? If not its not a big deal and we will switch it up but like I said, ideally I would like to run it with the case. Just looking to see if anyone has run one of these on an older tractor. There is one guy around here running a twin tank 430bu setup with a 9370 but he has an auxiliary drive on the tractor so I know we will have no issues pulling this unit, hydraulics are our hangup right now.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Is it a new 1910 tank? Which means hyd drive rollers. I think JD suggests hooking that up direct in a power beyond configuration. Not sure what that means for your Case tractor. When we had a 9370, we were definately dissapointed in the hydraulics.

·
Premium Member
3,107 Posts
Yes its the new 1910 with hydraulic meter drives
Do you have any concerns with the sectional control on the JD tanks? I'm worried that the roller is going to grind the seed and fertilizer up while the individual roller gates are closed.

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We are dealing on a slightly used unit, it is sectional control capable but does not currently have it, it has the 10 inch auger on it, most dealers we have spoke with say don't bother buying conveyor and we would be happier with auger

·
Registered
982 Posts
Thats probably because they dont have a conveyor cart in stock... Also the dealership should be able to tell you the hydraulic requirements of the setup. atom jet makes auxillary hyd kits for older tractors if required. Thats another option. Whats the gpm of the tj?

·
Premium Member
3,107 Posts
We have the conveyor on our current tank and love it compared to an auger. Haven't had any issues with it yet in four seasons. The only negative thing about it is that it can be a struggle to wrestle under your tanks to unload them.

·
Registered
423 Posts
We have the conveyor on our current tank and love it compared to an auger. Haven't had any issues with it yet in four seasons. The only negative thing about it is that it can be a struggle to wrestle under your tanks to unload them.
Agreed. I am on my second 1910 cart w/conveyor and would never go back. loading mini bulks or reg bags of inoculant or seed could not be easier. And I've never changed a bearing or anything else.

We have a 550 on a 9630. Installed the power beyond kit, but considering that's not an option, using a free SCV should do the trick. The gpm required seems very low.

I'm also curious about the sec control if anyone has some experience.

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats probably because they dont have a conveyor cart in stock... Also the dealership should be able to tell you the hydraulic requirements of the setup. atom jet makes auxillary hyd kits for older tractors if required. Thats another option. Whats the gpm of the tj?
Hey I'm just going by what I have been told, it's hard to be picky when you're in the used market. The TJ is a twin pump setup total flow of 94gpm, the Auxiliary Hydraulic capacity is 35gpm so I'm not worried with that tractor at all.

·
Registered
423 Posts
What did the power beyond kit cost?
I'm not actually sure. I think it came with the cart when we ordered it because we stated it would be hooked up to a Jd tractor. It was the first one the dealer hooked up so they took care of us and the details. And it has worked flawlessly. I am however mad at the cost to retro fit the sectional control as that was the main reason to trade up. Not to mention a year later then promised....

·
Registered
982 Posts
Hey I'm just going by what I have been told, it's hard to be picky when you're in the used market. The TJ is a twin pump setup total flow of 94gpm, the Auxiliary Hydraulic capacity is 35gpm so I'm not worried with that tractor at all.
Ya i understand about whats available used but in my opinion if you tried a conveyor youd never want an auger again. Biggest plus is they cleanout pretty much 100% unlike reversing an auger and emptying hopper into pails. Thats alot of gpms!

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
lacking on the hydro sauce abilities if you want to pull it with that 9380, its an awesome tractor minus the lack of testosterone in the hydraulics, you will need to go with a pump on the pto output or on the auxiliary drive on the engine, but she's not going to pull quite as easy as you think, maybe I'm wrong but it better have some extra iron and chloride. We had one on a 60' seedmaster with 400bu cart 1 1450 nh3 tank, couldn't pull 2, a place in Sioux Fall SD built the 855 to 600hp, but we needed more tires and weight

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Book says up to 4gpm per meter I believe, 26 gallon max for fan. I don't think 30 will cut it.
Ordered a power beyond kit for 9630t it is around $700.00. They're are different kits and costs and vary with serial number breaks.
Also 3 yrs with a conveyor. Plugged once, operator error. I have no regrets, but don't think you can go wrong with the 10" auger. The auger would be a little less maintenance in the long wrong and less to go wrong. I would recommend the auger if your not as confident in your help. Also auger is nice if using liquid or peat innoculant as your filling tank, you won't get good mixing with the conveyor.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Atom Jet make a kit for the 855 and the N14 cummins. It's not too expensive. Not cheap eithier of course. I'd be worried about weather you can pull 56ft of convervapak. They pull like an anchor. We have a 60' seed master with a 550 tank and we are bumped up to 440hp with 710 tires and I wouldn't want a whole lot more on it. I'm sure it will pull it but I wouldn't expect it to like it at ~5MPH.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I used to pull a 56' Conserva Pak with a Morris 240 bu tank and NH3 wagon with a 936 Versatile with 20.8-42 duals. It worked but a couple more HP would have been nice. As far as hydraulics go I can't comment because this was long before the new trip assembly/accumulator system and hydraulic drive meters.

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks like the old 9380 is gonna get reunited with the flexi coil and the TJ is gonna be the one spinning the conservapak, thanks for all the input

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.