The Combine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Models from yr 2002 through to 2012 or so. Why are some of these priced on the lower side? Something wrong with them?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I think many people see them as a stripped down tractor. Many people look for as many bells and whistles as they can get. The mfwd tractors of that era are the ford new holland genesis design

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Most do t have a PowerShift. Versatile struggled making them. Good solid tractor

876-946-9480-2375. Had them all thousands of hours on each and never an issue. Do your regular maintenance and they will last for ever. Just got out of the 946 working some breaking down for a neighbor.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most do t have a PowerShift. Versatile struggled making them. Good solid tractor

876-946-9480-2375. Had them all thousands of hours on each and never an issue. Do your regular maintenance and they will last for ever. Just got out of the 946 working some breaking down for a neighbor.
Looking mostly at 2375 and these 400 and 385 units. All very reasonably priced for the hours on them. Easily $50k min cheaper than equivalent HP in a deere machine.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Looking mostly at 2375 and these 400 and 385 units. All very reasonably priced for the hours on them. Easily $50k min cheaper than equivalent HP in a deere machine.
none of those model numbers are the same model sequence. A 2375 is the most basic, no buddy seat, only cable remotes, most don't have pto's and no powershift. A 400 is a higher end tractor, buddy seat, bigger cab some had powershifts and electric remotes and most importantly a heavier tractor. Not sure where you get a 385 from? are you sure its not a 375? One thing to remember is that a 400 and a 375 can come in both an old style and a new. 2011 and older is the old style. FYI we bought a new old style 375 in 2012 with 6 cable remotes, full weights, a pto, full gps and a standard tranny for 190 grand. So that is why they are cheaper, they were cheaper when they were new.

·
Registered
392 Posts
IMHO stay away from the 2375 and the m11 cummins. Spend a little more for the model 435 and the bigger cummins engine. 375 horse power is different on a m11 compared to a n14 engine or if you decide to go newer 15 l ISX . I used to run a 2375 buhler and it is a comfortable and dependable tractor, however I was disappointed with the lugging power and hydraulics when pulling a 43 ft disc drill or 38 ft tandem disc. I still run a 946 as a second tractor. It has a n 14 engine with 13000 hrs. It will probable last forever! For those reasons I ended up going with a deere with a high flow hyd pump and power shift. Your right deere is 50 k more at least, but remember you get what you pay for these days and often cutting corners ends up costing more in the long run.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I actually liked the 2375. I had one for two years and only traded it because it was too light. Too light for the horsepower. In my opinion the engine is the shining star of that machine. Wanted a 450 because it was larger frame (heavier), but ended up with a leftover 550 for less. Dealer was or is selling the used 2375 for more than I paid for it new. This Trudeau inflation is a killer.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
2375 good unit so far. It was 100k cheaper then a green/red/blue one of the same horsepower.

The tractor cab is the same as the 9280-9880. **** when your greasing it some of the part still have blue NH paint. One just sold at an auction sale close to me. 1100-1400 hours went for 130k. Somebody got a great deal

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2375 good unit so far. It was 100k cheaper then a green/red/blue one of the same horsepower.

The tractor cab is the same as the 9280-9880. **** when your greasing it some of the part still have blue NH paint. One just sold at an auction sale close to me. 1100-1400 hours went for 130k. Somebody got a great deal

For someone like me with a fairly tight machine budget it might be a good choice just don't want to make a mistake and have a lemon on my hands. Just need basic reliable HP, nothing fancy.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I bought a 2375 new in 2011, i've used it for 8 seasons has 1350hrs, its been one of my best investments so far, very simple, reliable and easy on fuel so far since only pulling 39 feet of drill and 380 cart but I am about to find out if I need a different tractor since buying a 48ft 3310 and 6550 cart. I have weight kit on front and rear and 710 tires, hyd my be my biggest concern. might have one for sale, LOL.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I bought a 2375 new in 2011, i've used it for 8 seasons has 1350hrs, its been one of my best investments so far, very simple, reliable and easy on fuel so far since only pulling 39 feet of drill and 380 cart but I am about to find out if I need a different tractor since buying a 48ft 3310 and 6550 cart. I have weight kit on front and rear and 710 tires, hyd my be my biggest concern. might have one for sale, LOL.
Don’t think you will have any issues. We pull 51 feet of double shoot drill with 430 cart. Some years I’m seeding 2 inches plus deep to find moisture

·
Registered
537 Posts
I pulled a cart with two fans with my 2375 and had no issues, though the hydraulic cooler did crack and fail and puked all the oil out. I don’t know if that was related to the work the hydraulic system was doing or just a fluke.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I pulled a cart with two fans with my 2375 and had no issues, though the hydraulic cooler did crack and fail and puked all the oil out. I don’t know if that was related to the work the hydraulic system was doing or just a fluke.
Not a fluke. Happened to my cousins two or three times. Its a weak spot if using all or most of the hydraulic capacity.

Pretty sure the 2375 was built for Russia. That why the plain cab and limited features.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hey Jazz, I was in the same position as you in 2012. I was drawn to the low sticker price and a 3 year old tractor. Some quick advice I will give you is think about what kind of horse power and hydraulic capacity you will need down the road. A smart farmer once told to always buy more capacity then is needed in case you decide to upgrade. It gets costly if you have to trade up all the time unless your on a lease program every 3 years. the hydraulic capacity is around 45 gpm and pulling a disc drill with one fan and the down pressure from the drill all but consumed all of the hydraulics. Running the hydraulic pump at 45 gpm was always loud and the oil was super hot. I always was worried about the oil pump. Probable why some other posters here have had oil coolers go. Yes the m11 is a little better in fuel consumption but I always felt under powered and was told that turning up the fuel pump is not a good thing to do. I was very disappointed with the lugging power of the m11 especially when I grew up with the N14. In the Red River valley we need at least 400 hp for pulling 40 ft. Don't want to dampen your spirits on the 2375 but just want you to know the cons. It is made very cheap. If you are concerned about the cost of a deere maybe finance it 2 years longer than the versatile. Just my two cents but I think you will be amazed at the difference in quality and features on the 9520 0r 9530. I know budgets are tight but what is worse is when you buy something that doesn't meet your needs. The pull cable for the hydraulics is always a problem, and the outside dual rims are a bugger to take off if needed. I think a good 9884 versatile with low hours would be a better tractor in your case on a tight budget. Good luck!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts