The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tractors are blue from ford and the red and yellow ore from Speery New Holland. In Europe the hay equipment is yellow. Actually most of the new Equipment is black. Our new T7040 is mostly black with a blue hood, back fenders and roof that way if they put a red hood, fenders and roof it would be a CaseIH puma. The combine is the same way the only yellow is the big side doors and the roof everything else is black. All the parts on the tractor say CNH on them the only place it says New Holland is on the motor.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
From a manufacturing standpoint paint color doesn't really matter since tractors, combines, and hay equipment are built at different plants. Since the same plants make CaseIH and New Holland equipment they'll be changing colors anyway, depending on what's coming down the line.

·
Registered
49 Posts
ok i dont actually know were to put this but its going here. How come Newholland has 3 different primary paint jobs?

Yellow for combines
Blue for tractors
and Red for Balers and such.

In my opinoin they should keep them all one colour This just really bugs me and i dont know why. Love new Holland colours dont make sense.

·
Registered
562 Posts
aussiedeere were both right I talked to my friend that works for agco in Heston, Heston made large square balers for case until Heston was bought out by Agco. Agco still makes round balers for NH, but there sent mainly to europe.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Hesston made the big square and was branded their own aswell as Case IH & Massey Ferguson. The older Case IH round balers were made by Vicon and now the Vicon balers are owned and badged by Kuhn. I don't believe Case IH has ever built their own baler. It was not until maybe two years ago until Case IH took on the NH round balers.

G

·
I'm pretty sure that prior to the Case New Holland merger, Case got its haying equipment from Heston. Swather's, mower conditioners, forage harvesters and balers. Case had shares in Heston and had to sell them when merged with New Holland. Now they sell New Holland balers.

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
That's correct.

The 8000 series balers and 8000 series swathers are actually Hesston.

I often buy parts for my 514 Hesston at the local Case IH dealer (only if I'm in a bind. the markup is 100%!!!!). Case equivalent is 8480.

Same with with the mower-conditioners, and small / large square balers.

The way it went, was that Hesston was owned 50/50 between Fiat and Case IH... Thus the "fiatagri" branding. Fiat sold their share in Hesston when they bought New Holland, with AGCO buying that 50% stake.

Then, when CIH marged with NH, the other 50% went to AGCO.

In the meantime, CIH haying machinery was actually Hesston equipment.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
I wish they could figure it out like the construction industry. Keep the Magnums like they are and the NH tractors like they were as mbfarmer said (with their number corresponding to the horsepower). And as a new series comes out just add a letter behind the number.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts