The Combine Forum banner

81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
change metric to imperial in cut line

Brian: Could you change metric units to imperial in the cut line and light bar in open grade.
Thanks Fritz

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Brian: Could you change metric units to imperial in the cut line and light bar in open grade.
Thanks Fritz
That is really cool Fritz! Wish i owned a cat.....

Yes, are inches ok or does it need to be decimal inches? For blade height etc

Lightbar is in inches when you select imperial measurements, as is the altitude which is in decimal feet (hundredths of a foot).

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
New version on Github. Thx for reminding me to finish converting to inches!

Menu item Display/Units/Imperial should change it all to imperial now. Blade delta is in hundredths of an inch, altitude is hunderdths of a foot - the display you can zero, lightbar in inches, and cut/fill are in cubic yards.

Make sure to uninstall the old version first, then install new one.

https://github.com/farmerbriantee/OpenGrade

Does tapping the bargraph upper and lower portions on blade delta bargraph work ok to set sensitivity? Haven't look at it in a while, its a pretty neat program.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Brian, is there a way to zoom or scroll the cut profile view window that I'm missing? I surveyed a mile long stretch of road but all that data in one window length is too much.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not sure that there would be a one size fits all length. It would be nice to survey the length of an entire waterway and then zoom in when you're cutting each little 'hill' off with the scraper. Your vid on V2 on youtube had the profile scrolling I think. One more small thing would be to add a 'Discard and Exit' button on the exit screen. You have only 'Back' and 'Save and Exit' now. I've been researching commercial software similar to this and the prices are breathtaking to say the least. Thanks for all your hard work on this. It looks like a really useable program already. Any plans to add machine control? A directional control valve in the hydraulic lines to the pan would be easier to control than an autosteer system.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Not sure that there would be a one size fits all length. It would be nice to survey the length of an entire waterway and then zoom in when you're cutting each little 'hill' off with the scraper. Your vid on V2 on youtube had the profile scrolling I think. One more small thing would be to add a 'Discard and Exit' button on the exit screen. You have only 'Back' and 'Save and Exit' now. I've been researching commercial software similar to this and the prices are breathtaking to say the least. Thanks for all your hard work on this. It looks like a really useable program already. Any plans to add machine control? A directional control valve in the hydraulic lines to the pan would be easier to control than an autosteer system.
It was scrolling (more like compressing) as it was being recorded. The whole thing is on one screen to be able to click directly on it to make the cut line.

Yes, it is insanely expensive. I'm really hoping someone can take this project and add more features to it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It wouldn't be much of a problem to survey the whole thing to get a general idea and then resurvey and cut each smaller sub-segment. If a person wanted to level a building pad or other area could you just set a benchmark somewhere in the middle of one side, set the width to 100' or whatever and set the slope to zero?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
works good

brian their are a lot of little tweeks that i would make to OG but the way it is now and for the conour terraces im building it works GREAT!:50: when I get time Ill have to give a better review.
Regards
Fritz

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
It wouldn't be much of a problem to survey the whole thing to get a general idea and then resurvey and cut each smaller sub-segment. If a person wanted to level a building pad or other area could you just set a benchmark somewhere in the middle of one side, set the width to 100' or whatever and set the slope to zero?
Yes, you can either do that as a minimum, or just when setting the cut line with the mouse just make that a straight line - then you have a gauge across the whole plot that would be displayed in the bar graph as you drove.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Open Grade use

Hello everbody hope your summers are off to a good start. Just installing swiftnave rtk and opengrade on 2nd dozer Cat D5H and wondered if anybody else has put opengrade to real world use.
Best Regards Fritz Strahm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Brian

Thankyou for all you efforts in making opengrade and agopengps. I have been a lurker for some time. I know that opengrade has been demonstrated for terracing, but was wondering if you could modify the offsets for trenching?
Wheel trenchers have a limitation of depth (my spiecher 6060 is 72") and a minimum cover say 30". it is possible to have opengrade do these two offsets, and then draw the gradeline to fit between these two parameters.
This would allow the operator to "fit" the best slope and also minimize the amount of material to install the tile. Sometimes two or more grade lines (at different % slopes) are needed to get thru my hilly farm.
This would also work with a tractor pulled tile plow.

Wally

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Hi Brian

Thankyou for all you efforts in making opengrade and agopengps. I have been a lurker for some time. I know that opengrade has been demonstrated for terracing, but was wondering if you could modify the offsets for trenching?
Wheel trenchers have a limitation of depth (my spiecher 6060 is 72") and a minimum cover say 30". it is possible to have opengrade do these two offsets, and then draw the gradeline to fit between these two parameters.
This would allow the operator to "fit" the best slope and also minimize the amount of material to install the tile. Sometimes two or more grade lines (at different % slopes) are needed to get thru my hilly farm.
This would also work with a tractor pulled tile plow.

Wally

Could you just make multiple passes with opengrade, recording again after doing a cut?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Open Grade auto

Good day: It looks their is at least little interest in open grade yet. The D5H is our finish dozer with a 6 way blade. If somebody would put the code in place to run a valve i would install one on this machine. it could then be used to leval building pads etc. to high degree of accuracy.
Thanks
Fritz

·
Registered
39 Posts
What does the message "No Survey Points, Survey a grade first" mean when I hit the hand button to mark a grade line? I have a survey on the screen. Is it too short? Tool width set too wide?

81 - 100 of 117 Posts