The Combine Forum banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
That must be why it only tells me that when I'm trying to level a pad with the receiver on the stick of the hoe. When I tried it on a mast on the scraper it worked fine. If I increase the message rate from 5Hz to 10Hz would it log twice as many points?

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
I will change it to like 5 and upload. Definitely 50 is too long.

I think it would do more at 10 hz, pretty sure, eek, i forget how i made it record.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
I put it on github and changed to 5. But there is a caveat, you pretty much need to take enough positions to fill the window to click in, or it gets pretty funky. Its around 20 meters of points needed. (60 feet)

·
Registered
39 Posts
60 ft should be lots for a leveling a pad. The two I did I tried to survey as long as possible but didn't have enough room. Thanks so much for helping with this. You're a real asset to farmers everywhere. I'll let you know how it works for me now. Setting a wide machine width and keeping the boom and bucket in one position swiveling side to side raking the ground for the final leveling worked awesome even though I had to reset the height to zero and use that for grade reference and didn't get to use the red/green scale on the side. Using a pair of Emlid ReachRS receivers reports vertical accuracy of 13mm. The rover Reach unit on the top of the stick talks to an Asus Transformer Mini tablet using bluetooth. No wires. Cup holder tablet mount. In and out of any machine in seconds. Awesome. Can't wait for ditching season after harvest now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My crayon sketch to describe my earlier post. Top offset line is minimum cover required over the plastic tile. The lower offset line show maximum depth possible by the trencher.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am currently using borrowed $10,000 Terracutta software running on a Windows tablet to remotely control John Deere igrade. Does anyone know what it would take to connect Open Grade to the John Deere system? I can’t spend 10k for software.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
auto valve

Brian: Could you write a brief description of what needs to be done to bring open grade to full auto.
Thanks Fritz

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Open Grade success stories

Has anybody used Open Grade over winter for anything. Really wet here been raining a lot and lots of beans and some corn left to go in the ground. Has anybody given any more thought to adding auto control to Open Grade.
Best regards from Kansas

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Ardusimple F9 RTK GPS boards I used for seeding this spring worked flawlessly with an NTRIP client on my phone using the XBee bluetooth. I'm so impressed. I'd love to use them now for ground work in the fall. A closed center hydraulic solenoid valve can't be too hard to control. Not like it needs to react as fast as a steering wheel. Love to see this happen too. Controlling the cut depth manually while bouncing around the tractor cab watching the tablet is surprisingly hard. I had an Emlid Reach mounted on a mast directly on the cutting edge last fall.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Cut line window fix

Brian: Their are a few things I would like some help fixing in Open Grade.

1- Their are still some metric numbers in cut line window when drawing line (see picture).
2- Need to be able to expand cut windows elevation range for example when using on trencher right now it goes about 6 inches above and below your surveyed elevation.
3- Need to be able to adjust how far horizontally from cut line we get a reading.

Ive been studying some c# programming by watching youtuve videos. But still have a long way to go and feel like ive hardly scratched the surface. Could you give me some guidance on were to find these areas in the code and how to change them. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Fritz

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
This looks interesting, however, looks like a bit of work to couple everything.

We've been using optisurface for landshaping for many years. It's very smart saving us a lot of earthworks due to the way they calculate designs. They also have some neat ditch design tools as well that I haven't used too much but plan to soon.

101 - 117 of 117 Posts