The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal,,,,I have a 2188 with field tracker and a 1083 corn head with field tracker. Do I have to go into the programming mode on the console to get it to work? I have the reel switch flipped down to the "corn" symbol, the next row of switches for the header height, I have turned the first one all the way clockwise to the "ht" position, and the next row of switches I have the rocker switch on "auto". I cannot tilt the header(machine is engaged and header on), with the knob, it just stays flat. Wierd thing is about 10 days ago it was working, but we have had a couple inches of rain, and drizzly cool days ever since I quit picking corn earlier. I have unplugged all the switches, harnesses, etc, but that hasnt solved the problem. Is there some type of programming I need to do within the console, to get the "field tracker" to turn on?

Last year, I had a tech from Wichita help me get it all set up on my flex head, and I remember him going into the programming mode for something, but cannot remember what it was. I do remember it had the r300 software. Seems like he told me when I push down on the header switch quckly, I should see 2 horizontal lines on the display, telling me I was in "field tracker auto mode", but I never see the 2 lines. When this was working 10 days ago, I never saw the lines either. Anybody have something for me to check?
thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
36 Posts
This problem could be caused by many things...some easy, some not so easy...I'd start with these....

Does the header height work (up and down)? Remember that you need to tap the header lower button to engage the Field-Tracker as well.

Second, check the position of the whisker switch on the top left side of the feederhouse. If this is improperly adjusted, the Field-Tracker will not work.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Jim, You should have up and down arrows in your display along with a number with usually a .5 with it like 4.5 etc. One thing that happens alot on 2100's when you hook a head up you have to turn the engine switch off then on so the module recognizes there's another potentiometer to pickup, raise the head alittle then lower and hold till number in display is if i remember around 4, then raise and hold switch head should stop about 2-3ft off ground then raise rest of way. Are your numbers in display going evenly from 40-60 down to 4 or so if not problem in potentiometer on top of feeder not letting you get in operating range, also have to just flick switch to lower if hold for more than 1sec will not enter header control, Can you tilt the head with the raise-lower & tilt switch?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts