The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am relatively new here, found this place when searching for information on a 7010. You guys have lotsof great reading on here!

Anyways, we ordered a 7120 last week in hopes of replacing two combines, a 2366 and a MF 8570. Both nice combines with little problems. We also ordered a long with it a '36 foot Honey Bee hearder. I am curious though will the 7120 be enough? Maybe we should have gone with an 8120? Problem is 50% of the time we don't have enough crop to make a combine like the 8120 work right. Our hopes were not to get anything more out of 7120 then our two older ones, but the same capacity. We have run into a labour shortage, and this is one of our strategies.

We also run a 9610 JD, and are quite content with it. As we do bale quite a bit of straw. So my question is, will a Case 7120, be equal in capactiy to a Case 2366 + MF 8570? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Just curious did you happen to price a 7088 also. Beings I asked is I they are both class 7 machines its that one is aliittle fancier. Where are you located. What type of conditions do you run in. How big of heads did you have.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We never priced out a 7088 due to the sales man told us this 7120 is just a hot 7010. And since the 7010 is originally what we were looking at, it fit the bill. He never even mentioned the 7088... nor did we know about it at the time.

We are located in western saskatchewan. Generally we run very dry conditions, but some years can be damp. And some years we have very little crop to harvest due to drought. Wheat/durum yields in the 25 to 50 bushels range, lots of peas and lentils, and some canola. Currently we run 30 foot heads, and pick up 36 foot windrows. We figured a 36 foot head would be ideal, as the 40 some foot Honey bees are quite cumbersome to transport, and we do not want to have to drop the head to move to a different field.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The difference between the 7120 and 7088 amounts to about $12,000 when all is said and done. I'm thinking anyone worried about $12,000 difference shouldn't be in the market for a new combine. 7120 has all the bells and whistles, 7088 doesn't.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Yeah self levelling sieves, better spreader design, cvt rotor with de-slug, pre-sieve, less belts and chains, bigger engine, 180 degree module wrap - just to name a few. Not bad for an extra approx. $12K Still if you wanna work on the header yourself and have an idea how it all works the 88 series are still the cream.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts