The Combine Forum banner

61 - 80 of 390 Posts

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
All refugees are have to go through background checks and prove themself to be refugees before they can settle here.
Makes a big difference, ya see we have a Muslim president that wants ISIS to destroy our country because his old man wanted this county to be taken down a notch, so it's his own personal agenda to see this happens, probably think I'm kidding

Then we have things like Lutheran services that helps them get a free pass into this country that only does more damage.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
your comment doesn't make sense at all though, dont think you got what I meant. Regulated NOT banned here.
No, I got what you meant and yes, you're right, my comment makes no sense, just like yours.

[/quote] Just need a license and a legitimate reason to own one, and background check to be clear. Then your good to own firearms.[/quote]
Just like here in Canada and yet, you say it eradicated shootings in Oz but there was 8 in Canada

My point is that its successfully stopped mass shootings here,
And my point is that there is no evidence that the regulations can be credited for that. These incidences are caused by political climate that is different in each country you mentioned (as well as all others). If you believe that regulation impacts the occurrence of these types of incidences, how do you explain the propensity for these things to happen in "gun free zones" rather than places people are free to carry guns when cleared and qualified to do so?.
whilst people who do the right thing can still own firearms, just like normal. Dont get why so many americans think thats so bad.
Check out crime stats for Detroit. Michigan has similar checks and balances as you describe for OZ, perhaps even more so. Then check out Kennesaw GA where all citizens are required to own at least one firearm and keep ammunition. Kennesaw sports the lowest crime rate for a city of it's size in the USA. Detroit??? well...not so much. I understand that you "don't get it" but if you knew the facts, I'm sure you would.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Then check out Kennesaw GA where all citizens are required to own at least one firearm and keep ammunition. Kennesaw sports the lowest crime rate for a city of it's size in the USA
yeah, it is really hard to compare countries so different. i'm understanding where your coming from now, I see that regulation probably wouldn't work in USA. Would do more harm then good.
I suppose the politicians will say alot of spin over the next few months leading up to the election over there, looking for votes.

·
Registered
280 Posts
This may have been answered already but can someone please tell me how someone who was on a terrorist watch list is legally able to purchase a long gun and a pistol? Seriously. It's not going to impinge on anyone's constitutional rights to prevent the people you are most fearful of from accessing the weapons they use to perpetrate their attrocities. It seams to be just too easy??

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
This may have been answered already but can someone please tell me how someone who was on a terrorist watch list is legally able to purchase a long gun and a pistol? Seriously. It's not going to impinge on anyone's constitutional rights to prevent the people you are most fearful of from accessing the weapons they use to perpetrate their attrocities. It seams to be just too easy??
A very good question! The authorities should have thrown the b*st*rd in the slammer as soon as suspicion was raised, instead of pussyfooting about trying to appease the bleeding heart liberal element. Ironically, the clientele of the nightclub were, most probably, bleeding heart liberals.
Apparently anyone in the state of Florida can purchase an automatic weapon like the one used in the massacre, without a permit.
Having said that, if a mentally unstable person wants to kill, they will find a way of doing it legal or not..but it is heck of a lot easier for them if Jack Smith is flipping guns by the dozen, at the market.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Love to check out these threads every so often to make sure everyone that is a card carrying idiot on this forum are still protecting their reputations as mouth breathing Neanderthals who unfortunately paint an unpleasant picture of America as viewed by foreigners. Nothing to see here, moving on.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I visited Florida a few years ago and spent a bit of time in the St Pete's, Tampa, Orlando area. Whilst there I went to a camping,fishing, boating, hunting store (can't remember the name), and I saw more firepower there than you would find in any gun shop in Australia.
My thought at the time was, how easy would it be for some nutter to arm themselves up enough to do some serious damage.
It's not my place to tell people on the other side of the world what they should or shouldn't do about guns, but I've got to say I feel a lot safer here in Australia, knowing that's its a lot harder for lunatics to get guns.
I'm not saying that as a member of the antigun lobby. I've got a gun safe full of guns and have always enjoyed hunting and shooting. Just feel that in Australia we've got the right balance for Australia.
Regardless of everyone's stance on this issue, I hope people take a moment to remember all those innocent people who lost their lives just by being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Just need a license and a legitimate reason to own one, and background check to be clear. Then your good to own firearms.
You have just described every law abiding citizen in America.

The number one issue is that guns are getting into the hands of the wrong people, and these people are not getting these guns legally.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I dont think he was on a security watch list. He had been reported to authorities several times for making comments that supported terrorists and was interviewed 3 times by the FBI. They could find no evidence and I suppose he denied what he was accused of saying.
He was still working as a security guard and was licensed for security work and even carried a gun for work.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Guns aren't illegal in Australia, just regulated, and it works.

Australia has had 0 mass shootings in 20 years,
Canada has had 8 mass shootings in 20 years,
The US has had 7 since Monday.
How do you explain NZ then.
Also had a spate of shooting until 96 and did not change their gun laws like Australia. No mass shootings since and they still have their semi-autos.

There was also 5 people killed last year in a shooting in NSW which shows we have had at least one mass shooting that the media ignore as it does not fit their narrative of no mass shootings.
The four people shot by police last week in Sydney also fit the definition of a mass shooting as the definition used is 4 or more people injured or killed in any incident. That would also be included in the US figures if it happened there. Thats how statistics are manipulated.

·
Registered
411 Posts
If isnt a feral black behind the trigger it is a radical killer muslim . All the gun control in the world will not keep guns out of the hands of a person as such . muslims do not belong in the western world period .......

·
Registered
377 Posts
If isnt a feral black behind the trigger it is a radical killer muslim . All the gun control in the world will not keep guns out of the hands of a person as such . muslims do not belong in the western world period .......
Just lucky most muslem terrorists are stupid or they would do some serious damage. Even though they are stupid they still have no trouble getting guns. Our last 2 were one who took hostages in a cafe and ended up with 2 dead hostages before he was shot, and a 15 year old muslem with a pistol who killed a police accountant before he was shot. Both had illegally obtained restricted weapons which police had no records of, which shows registration of guns achieves nothing except makes it hard for licensed people.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I was meaning our 2 examples where we got away relatively lightly with only one and two deaths. It could have been much worse.

As for terrorists being stopped by our gun controls, even a 15 year old has no problem. There are things that could be used to kill more and do more damage without a gun that also seem to be ignored.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The Aussie comedian in the video hits all the right points. There isn't a defensible reason to own a gun except you like them. This 2nd amendment stuff is way out there. You are never going to stop an infiltrator in your own home and you surely cannot defend yourself from the govt "militia" anymore seeing how they have tanks and planes now.

Canada`s gun ownership would basically be made up of hunters, farmers and ranchers with long guns and the odd city target shooter enthusiast. But we have no automatic assault rifles around here that I have ever heard about. What on earth would you need such a thing for.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just because these people managed to get illegal weapons doesn't mean gun control doesn't help reduce the problem. There is no way to prove how many potential terrorists HAVEN'T acquired firearms due to gun regulation.
So you are saying that the Canadian government was wrong to get rid of your gun registry and you want it back?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Aussie comedian in the video hits all the right points. There isn't a defensible reason to own a gun except you like them. This 2nd amendment stuff is way out there. You are never going to stop an infiltrator in your own home and you surely cannot defend yourself from the govt "militia" anymore seeing how they have tanks and planes now.

Canada`s gun ownership would basically be made up of hunters, farmers and ranchers with long guns and the odd city target shooter enthusiast. But we have no automatic assault rifles around here that I have ever heard about. What on earth would you need such a thing for.

Semi-automatic AR-15 rifles like the one used in the attack are perfectly legal to own and shoot in Canada. There are actually a few hundred thousand in the hands of legal owners like myself.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
It all starts with bare fist , then a stone , then a stick , then a long stick , then a handgun , then a aut handgun , shotgun , sniper rifle , handgranate , waste belt suicide bom , car bom , plane , drone ,nuclear bom and boom we are safe .............
I call it the simple thinking people who think that carry a gun make a safer place ....
Disarming and not producing more and share a little wealth in this world , building bridges instead off building walls will help .
Education is # 1
You don't need bridges, unicorns can fly.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
We are all aware of your position on guns, and I respect your opinion, but we are going to have to agree to disagree.
According to our very own FBI statistics, no one with a concealed carry permit, has ever missed, and shot an innocent bystander by mistake, that is a real life fact.
My position on guns is not that dissimilar from anyone else's here in reality.

Have you seen the amount of training and drill anti-terror and hostage rescue teams have to go through in order to be able to operate in these kinds of scenarios? It's insane. I've read a great deal about them. They drill countless times, and repeat it, every action and movement planned with total control and precision. The training is so intense that at any one time only a portion of the entire force is able to be deployed or ready for any alert. It is an edge that has to be kept keen.

Now you are trying to tell me, that a load of people, packing pistols, in a crowded nightclub, are going to unload on a person who is that motivated, he is willing to die himself, in order to gun down 50 unarmed civilians, and there is no additional risk to innocent bystanders?

I'm sorry but that is sh1ate of the highest order. A crowded and darkened nightclub, loud music, a crowd of people, and you have to work out who the bad guy is and react to that threat, when he has an AR-15?

This is not the movies. I don't think for one second that the outcome could have been altered much had 10 other persons been carrying in that environment. In fact, the death toll could have been worse.

No amount of guns or firepower is going to stop or deter these attacks. The terrorists have a huge and distinctive edge over any member of the populace, yours or mine- they are more than willing to die for their cause, in fact they are actually operating with that as their ultimate aim.

The problem we have is that these terrorists look like us, act like us, speak like us and live like us. The only edge you will get is in intelligence, in the planning phase and in the early stages of the execution of their plans, which takes an insane amount of police and security work, not dozens of people carrying guns.

61 - 80 of 390 Posts