The Combine Forum banner

141 - 160 of 390 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Lobbie 111. The elephant in the room is how those bible bashers over there hide behind their guns and that dinosaur 2nd amendment. It will never change because the NRA have too much power and the gun nuts worship them like god. Saturation with guns never gets a hearing because too many guns is barely enough for them. It is like a genocide of some sort. Sad but true.

I often wonder how many of the gun owners actually go "hunting"???? They are still using the excuse they are needed to over throw a pillaging hoard of communists who might get in the white house. blah blah blah.

·
Registered
280 Posts
The 2nd amendment actually says nothing about guns in particular. It refers to right to bear arms. That could be anything. Muskets, bow and arrow, bayonet, knives, Gatling gun, grenade, M16, suit case nuke etc. If you really want to defend yourself or take on the govt, why not lobby for your own suit case nuke. Plus that would be a lot more fun to set off than shooting some squirrels in the forest wouldn't it.
It always amuses me when people outside the country mock the 2nd Amendment. This country was freed from a tyrannical government by private citizens who formed a militia. If it weren't for that we would be under British rule yet.
I'll preface this by saying I own guns and really enjoy what a pump action does to kangaroo at 80km/hr

I do hope that you realise the tyrannical government who's yolk you were "freed" from help found the nation to your north as well as Australia. Both of which sit higher on every league table of national standing from infant mortality to high school mathematic results but most importantly gun deaths. Both have gun regulation - I own 6 myself. Love em. Love killing things.
And before you jump up and down too much about your militia uprising, don't forget it was an influx of FRENCH money in 1775 following the Currency Act that allowed the purchase of modern weaponry. This was long before Saratoga.
If love you to show me anything scholarly to disprove any of the above statements - the havoc journal doesn't count as scholarly.
But I suspect you'll shout at me and call me a gun hating liberal from the other side of the world. (Once again I own guns, im not a liberal and this affects all of us)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Not exactly. Our long gun registry was a bureaucrats best friend. It was a job creation and vote generating scheme that cost tax payers countless millions upon millions to administer and in the end it did quite literally nothing for crime, but it sure gave a lot of people jobs and made a lot of voters sleep peacefully knowing that big brother knew where all the legal guns where. As for the illegal guns,....well, they were still out there, being used.

Long Gun Registry Canadian style was a farce. People who didn't want to register turned in their guns, and those who wanted their guns, registered. We took courses in proper and safe gun handling, did written and practical exams, paid lots of money in fees and taxes, created lots of jobs, and even gave the police a way of coming to your home and confiscating your fire arms if they felt the slightest threat, but id did little to change crime, it just bought votes and created jobs.
Exactly the same as what we have in Australia. A waste of resources that could be used against criminals.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'll preface this by saying I own guns and really enjoy what a pump action does to kangaroo at 80km/hr

I do hope that you realise the tyrannical government who's yolk you were "freed" from help found the nation to your north as well as Australia. Both of which sit higher on every league table of national standing from infant mortality to high school mathematic results but most importantly gun deaths. Both have gun regulation - I own 6 myself. Love em. Love killing things.
And before you jump up and down too much about your militia uprising, don't forget it was an influx of FRENCH money in 1775 following the Currency Act that allowed the purchase of modern weaponry. This was long before Saratoga.
If love you to show me anything scholarly to disprove any of the above statements - the havoc journal doesn't count as scholarly.
But I suspect you'll shout at me and call me a gun hating liberal from the other side of the world. (Once again I own guns, im not a liberal and this affects all of us)
I believe that after the US revolution and the loss the Brtish faced they changed the way they handled the colonies. They stopped using the colonies as just a source of income from taxes and raw products and gave them more control of their own.

·
Registered
377 Posts
That being said I think hunting with a gun is for pussies anyway. Archery takes real skill.
Watch out then as animal liberation is working on making it illegal to hunt with a bow. Hunting with a bow is already illegal in the country that is the home of Robbin Hood

·
Registered
196 Posts
Lobbie 111. The elephant in the room is how those bible bashers over there hide behind their guns and that dinosaur 2nd amendment. It will never change because the NRA have too much power and the gun nuts worship them like god. Saturation with guns never gets a hearing because too many guns is barely enough for them. It is like a genocide of some sort. Sad but true.

I often wonder how many of the gun owners actually go "hunting"???? They are still using the excuse they are needed to over throw a pillaging hoard of communists who might get in the white house. blah blah blah.
I think it can be done. But you wouldn't have a buyback like they did here. If I were to impose gun regulations that we have here I would have a cut off date and grandfather everyone else through the system.

Changing the attitudes of newcomers to firearms is a lot more feasible than entrenched views built up over a lifetime.

When homicide rates begin to plummet I suspect everyone will change their tune.

·
Registered
377 Posts

I am waiting for the response of by US citizens to your comments which I think they will find very offensive.

I dont think you have much understanding of the issues and have fallen for media propaganda.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
A semi auto shotgun is easier on the shoulder. More of a push than a hit on the shoulder. If guns are confiscated they should be bought by government. A crazy person should not get a drivers licence. Been too many vehicle rampages in crowds. Still cannot figure how somebody can plan these massacres and then be not be responsible because of mental condition. Start hanging them in the town square if they want publicity.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Looks to me that you guys worried about a scary black gun with a pistol grip needs to get a grip, why blame the LAW when you should be blaming the worthless KILLER MUSLIM trash that pulled the trigger , bunch of liberal twitts .............................got a pretty good idea a gun will save a liberals life when we are over ran with killer muslims .................

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Im not getting into the whole anti or pro gun thing...but when they say if people in the night club were carrying, it could have prevented this?

1. At 2 am i would assumed most people would have had a few drinks!...most maybe more than a few...and few on the old disco bickies..(pills)...so accuracy and quick reaction may be comprimised...the odd bloke would be sober...but what if he was shot first?
2. Do you want to have the above people with guns?...if we had people in Aus carrying in the local pub or night club...id say give us 1-2 years there would be no one left over here!!...im sure as **** not going out with my mates and getting drunk if they have guns,,,more likely to kill me in the cross fire!!...
3. If it was known that you could carry inside that night club my guess would be there would be about 10 people there on a saturday night not 300.

Clearly security failed...but i guess to be fair after a while you probably dont expect someone to rock up and have an AR stuffed in his jacket...

I can understand the argument for schools to have them...as much as i disagree with the argument i get where people are coming from but allowing everyone to carry at a drinking venue...not sure about that...when drunk someone will start the party...sure it may end quick but there will be alot more parties started...and i think that would put a big dent in usa tourism and investment..imo....

Ant...

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
I have a semi-auto 12 guage that holds at least 6 3 inch shells, don't tell me you couldn't do more damage quicker with that than with an AR. In a crowded space a guy could probably hit maybe 6 at a time, and it isn't considered an assualt rifle. By the way I trap shoot and hunt birds with it.
This sounds like what i need to shoot cockatoo's over here lol!!..not that i would its illegal:)

Ant...

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
After following this thread it is amazing how it has become a gun control debate all over again.

What if he had used a suicide vest? He very much could have and probably killed the same number of people.

This has nothing to do with the weapon used, rather who is using the weapon.

Go to thereligionofpeace.com to see the enemy we face. Hillary says that Muslims have nothing to do with terrorism. I guess from a Muslim's point of view that is probably correct. They are just fighting for Allah.

Go to that website and come to your own conclusion about whether or not Islam is at war with us infidels. They are clear that they are, we just won't take them at their word.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts

Can't dispute any of the facts that you have stated.

I don't even think you are a gun hating liberal.

We are just on different sides of this argument. You don't like semi autos, I do.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
I am waiting for the response of by US citizens to your comments which I think they will find very offensive.

I dont think you have much understanding of the issues and have fallen for media propaganda.
I always read boodles comments and they do generally piss me off, but rather than quoting and responding to him I dismiss him as a troll on threads like this.

But to address his one statement, I own a lot of guns, and no I do not hunt. I like them. I'm keeping them. End of story.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
You can cure the syphilis problem with a knife. No dicks, no problem. No automatic dicks allowed, just pumps. No guns, no problem

·
Registered
196 Posts
I gather that something we just consider cute can be a real pest when in they're homeland?
Yeah, I think they estimated 50 million of them a while back. And with a massive drought affecting most of the east of Aus if we don't shoot them they would starve to death en mass.

They get on the kangaroo phone and thousands of them can turn up and turn a bumper crop into a dustbowl

141 - 160 of 390 Posts