The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another thing I was wondering is what is the difference between the 7720 and the titan II , havent been able to find any info on the web

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looking at the picture it looks like a sprocket/ pulley and belt/ or chain on the unloading auger tube?? Never seen one like that.
Great looking combine , make sure you change out the primary countershaft bearings , Venezuala is a long way to wait for parts lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big hello to all the forum members, just bought a used 7720 in nice shape, tryin to post picture but not sure how to do it, anyhow bought it off tractorhouse and will be shippin it to venezuela . we´ll use it to harvest corn and milo any thoughts tips and experiences on these machines would be of great help .
Short on experience but I feel we´ve got a nice harvest comin , corn looks really nice at least for these areas but nothin like your U S fields. thanks for any input

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for taking the time to help, youall , Deere , I´m really a newbie, what do you mean for ¨ primary countershaft bearings¨, where are they located? thanks for all and any advice, input.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Jun 7, 2008, 10:36am, gleanerf2fan wrote:The Titans was introduced in 1979. In 1985 The Titan IIs came out. They was basically the same combine with several upgrades. New decals, green cab top, HP was increased, Cleaning shoe was increased, feeder house reverser now standard, and a few other improvements. Why they was called the Titan IIs. Just an improved version.

Today JD has gotten away with that. Now they add a few modifications and call it a whole new series.

The Titan II has a bigger clean grain elevator, tails elevator, more air to the sieves, faster cleaning shoe, straw chopper is heaver that hold the blades, the heaver rear axle, rear wheel drive, dail-a-matic for the head.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Yes, Sam, that pretty well sums it up. Today Deere adds the standard, normal changes and improvements [all companies do] to their bines and after 2 years, just give them a whole new name.

They're starting to act just like International Harvester did, in the late 1950's through 1970's with their combines.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
World is so small, look at that you recognize the machine on these boards. If you ever get the itch to travel and looksie this way just let me know on the board, more than happy to show you around.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Nice 7720. I like those rice tires on it. They should be helpful in the mud.
The primary countershaft runs from the engine flywheel to the large set of pulleys on the left side of the combine. Lift or take the seat out of the cab and lift up the tin panel to see it all. That shaft on our 8820 broke right next to the pulley set and was a heck of a job to replace. We had broken the secondary countershaft the year before(also a big job). It takes some mechanical ability and lotza patience to work on combines and I wouldn't recommend it to everybody. Get help with it to familiarize yourself with the machine.

·
Registered
321 Posts
please put the safety shield back on the chain setup running the vertical auger right by the ladder - that is an accident begging to happen!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts