The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wodering who else had issues with feederchains this year,
our 08 9870 did a really great job during a very tough harvest here in saskatchewan,capacity,fuel consumption and reliability(except the feederchain) was really good,outperformed our 8010s by far,but it could have done even more acres,if there would be a feederchain that could take the stress of a tough harvest.I would like to know if there is an aftermarket solution.How are the 09s with the 4x4 feederhouse?Any kind of input is welcome.Thanks in advance,
Hans

·
Registered
6 Posts
have 1 08 and 3 09 . no issues so far just had to take out links after 200 hrs or so on 09 after auto adjust was played out. heard lot about this issue but no probs on our end. run mainly corn beans and a little wht.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I run the feeder house drive chain on the small sprocket on the
bottom shaft.

I tried it on the large sprocket for about 2 minutes, couldn't
believe the speed it was going. There is no way it would have
lasted at that speed.

MS

·
Registered
778 Posts
That 38 tooth is crazy. Such a high speed is totally unnecessary. And if you speed up the variable you'd swear the whole thing will just explode. The wear rate on the feeder house components is significantly higher when run at this speed. I've slowed several machines down by changing to the standard sprocket.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Re: Our 9870 ate the 5th feeder chain today...

Welcome to the John Deere junk club and the 09s are worse then the 08s. Can't get are 9870 to even run the 35ft header at times because of slip clutch and some of our neighbors went though 3 chains per machine this fall.

Don't worry they will kick butt with that new combine in 2012 or something so they don't have time to fix this new stuff there building.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Our 9870 ate the 5th feeder chain today...

The sprocket for propelling the feeder chains should be looked at. Technical specifications indicate that if the chains are changed, and the sprocket is not changed, then the warranty is void on the chain. Since the sprocket has wear and tear, this will introduce slight vibrations that will lead to premature wear in all components that are attached to the sprocket. Were the sprockets changed? If not, then the slight misalignment could be your problem

regards
Marlon
http://www.ontariopartshotline.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts