The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we may have made the move from our 2588 with a 30' auger head to a 7088 with a 35' flex draper head. Just trying to decide if the air compressor is worth $3000.00 and the under shield lights are worth $1100.00 and the HID lighting are worth $4600.00. Won't be getting the electric hopper cover simply because you lose 100 bushels of room in the hopper if you take it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Don't know about the air compressor. However the under shield lighting is real nice if you break down at night. Also the HID lighting is worth it too......

·
Registered
728 Posts
I wouldn't get the air compressor.... get the biggest hand held blower that sthil makes.... that is what we do just clean out the air filter once a week and ready to go.... the under pannel lights are a necessity for us for blowing the combine off every night!

Eric

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've been running an 8010 this year in our corn, and more than a little of it has been at night. This one does have HID lighting, and HID is absolutely a must if you plan on doing any harvesting at night. Whether OEM or aftermarket that's your call, but IMO the added Luminosity (brighter) and the higher K value (whiter) of the HID's makes doing your job at night at much easier in terms of eye strain. It kind of funny how a person doesn't really notice the difference when you turn them on at dusk and work into the dark, but you REALLY notice when you relieve the other operator at night or just come out of the truck

·
Registered
119 Posts
If your looking to get the best value for you $: Don't get the compressor, should not run the combine when blowing the filter anyways, cost is too high and you probably wouldn't use it in the off season for any compressor uses. Buy a good portable or a used high output rotary screw type that you pull with a pick up for cleaning. The hid lighting may be nice, but you can purchase an aftermarket kit from Interlake Resources for around $11-1200 that you will be able to move to your next machine. The under shield lighting is great, alittle pricey for sealed lamps, but when blowing down at night it cant be beat. It may be possible to a add lamps to the combine if the wire harness already has pigtails for the lamp option. ( I did this on the 50 series Deere when we realized that they were pre wired for the option even though I didn't order it!) By the way, don't be fooled into thinking that your getting your money back with resale of these options when you trade, most of these options may not be in the guide book(at least it used to be that way). Check into the elec. fold hopper extensions capacity, I don't believe there is a 100 bushel loss, according to the spec guide on line. They are nice if your moving alot, like a harvester, or if you shed your machine, or just keeping moisture out. I have run with 7088s and don't recall them being that short on capacity.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts