The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I finally got some pics of our new combine, its a 2002 9650sts. It replaces our ole' reliable 9510. We love it. We flew through corn harvest this year with it. Gettin it ready for beans and milo now. The custom crew S & L Farms bought it new, put 500 hours on it, then a ranch down by Anthony, Kansas had it unitl this August when we got ahold of it. It has around 1400 hours on it now.

·
Registered
283 Posts
that is a nice looking combine. Is there alot of wear on it having 1400 hrs? Or has alot of it been rebuilt already? We're looking for a 9650 STS with that kind of hours on it, if not less. One point of caution though, when I went on a custom run in 02/03, there were cutters that had problems with the spreader combines catching on fire. Straw would build up around the fuel tank. I don't know if they're a problem with the corn or beans. Apperently, one cutter lost 3 combines to fire in a matter of 2 days in OK. If anyone can validate this claim, please do, I didn't see the combines first hand, heard it through the Deere dealers and elevators. Jsut want to caution you to watch straw/residue buid-up on the back of the combine!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Theres not too much wear on this one because it has mainly been through wheat its entire life. We looked at another 9650 with less hours, but it had more wear because it had been through a lot of corn. Yea, we know about the fire problem. A neighbor real close here had his 9650 catch on fire just this last week. Good thing was the FD showed up fast and the only thing it damaged was some of the electrical stuff.

·
Registered
283 Posts
that's good to hear. is the wear centralized to the clean grain equipment? I harvested corn on a custom run for 2 years and thought it should be easy on the threshing components. So you would recommend a combine that hasn't seen corn? To switch subjects, how are your crops looking/doing?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, corn wears out a combine more than most crops. Our crops look pretty good. Our corn made 214, which is the best we've ever had. Got into some beans yesterday, but don't know the yield yet. They should be pretty decent, around 60 or so I'd say. My mom drives the school bus.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Woo-hoo!!
Nice combine! I'm happy for ya' !

It's just not right to make the school bus wait on you while you are taking pics of the combine!!! LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts