The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Rogator 854 with Outback Sts, Automate and Raven scs460.
I can't seem to get the sectional control to shut off on overlaps.
It will work though if I set up a boundary or no spray zone.

What could I be doing wrong? What am I forgetting?

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Ours works fine with an S3, I dont need to setup field boundaries or no spray zones. Cant think of any setting specifically, I assume you have the number and size of boom sections programmed into the automate with amount of overlap allowed. Havent gotten the sprayer out of the shed yet for this season so cant get into more specifics. If it is turning the booms on/off at the headlands and you have the booms configured then I would think the overlap would work also.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ken, that's what I thought it was supposed to do (or at least that's what the manual tells me). I think it's all set up properly. When it gets above freezing today I'll have another look at it.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Gary, I naturally spray the perimeter of the field first but I do not perform any specific function on the Automate or S3 to define it as a field boundary once the round is complete. Once the Automate is setup i never touch a button again on it all season, doesnt matter how many fields I do. Sounds like it thinks your sprayer is one boom or the percent overlap allowed before it switches boom sections is not right.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Make sure it is on YES setting to control all booms. Count the nozzles on each section and times by 20 (assuming 20" spacing) to set up each boom section width. With mine I have to clear the spray data if I want to spray a field that has been previously sprayed otherwise booms won't spray.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I went through the setup again making sure it was all correct and then I LOCKED the settings. I don't know if that's what did it but the sprayer worked like it is supposed to.:)

Now I just have to figure out why I keep losing product pump pressure. I hope it's not the servo...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts