The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am losing grain over walkers. No loss off sieves. Played around with cylinder speed, concave settings, wind. Put in extra risers on walkers only taking minimal straw. Had a thought We are running 14.9 x 28 steer tyres, if I went up in tyre size could it help to lift the walkers to give more chance to separate. Appreciate all comments. Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Don't know what crop your running with what heads ect, but when grain starts going over the walkers in my combine I just slow ground speed until it stops going over. Only other option is to step up to a larger machine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You could try going up a tire size if you can do that for minimum dollars, but once the grain reaches the walkers in the straw its hard to get it back out.

·
Registered
149 Posts
have you checked your concave for wear, sometimes these maximizers concaves like to smile at us!! they wear in the middle more than the sides, and then they dont get the grain of the straw.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Do you have any corn inserts in the back of your concave? If so, try taking out one or both rows to allow more chaff and grain to flow over the chaffer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts