The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems overloading the left side of my chaffer on a 2188 in wheat that is yielding about 130 bu. The wheat is very dry so it is breaking up finely and we are cutting clear to the ground to bale the straw. I did a kill-stall to see what was going on and the left side is being overloaded with chaff, which limits my ground speed. Is my pinch point in the wrong place? Does anybody use those solid grates so no material can get through the grates? I have no rotor loss. Thanks for replies!

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have a late 2366 and our left auger in the auger bed rotates opposite of the others.This makes the distribution paddle more effective.I use side hill sieve dividers and slotted grates with channels on the outside covering the slots.

·
Registered
998 Posts
By putting reverse flight on the far left auger and swapping the drive cogs on the rear ( to make it rotate the opposite way) this will help. You also have to put the rubber wiper/flap in the correct position too otherwise it is pointless reversing the flight. Also as grtown said a hill side kit may help you too.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Manual says to open the concave. That would allow material to get to the center of the machine before getting pushed through the concave.

Just went through this with ours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts