The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are just testing out our p1060 air cart before we hit the field and the meter rolls are not holding the same speed. We are just in the yard trying it with the buttons under the cart, not moving. They start off fast and then slow down gradually. Brand new battery, Alternator is putting out 12 volts and it just does it with the charger hooked up with 14 volts. Am not able to select a desired rate in my program in the screen (intellivew III) and is a variable rate tank even though we don't do VR. Any suggestions what my issue is, if its on the cart of in my computer. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
When you hold the buttons they never turn super fast. Very slow but they turn. That’s what mine do

·
Registered
28 Posts
A 12 volt alternator should output 13.8 to 14.2 volts if it's working properly.
I would start there. Brushes are easy to replace. Check your earths as well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
check to make sure u have good hydraulic flow back there bring tractor rpms up and possibly try another remote bad or even low flow can make those carts do some goofy things

·
Super Moderator
4,405 Posts
We are just testing out our p1060 air cart before we hit the field and the meter rolls are not holding the same speed. We are just in the yard trying it with the buttons under the cart, not moving. They start off fast and then slow down gradually.
That part is completely normal.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
But yet he says this:
Am not able to select a desired rate in my program in the screen (intellivew III) and is a variable rate tank even though we don't do VR. Any suggestions what my issue is, if its on the cart of in my computer.
@JG89, do you mean you set a rate and while in the field it won't hold the rate?

As other say, the speed change you see while holding down the prime button is normal. You should be getting 14v off that alternator, though.

Hydraulic flow is important. The electric motors are intended to simply set the desired speed and the hydraulic torque converters (power steering units really) are supposed to do the actual work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But yet he says this:

@JG89, do you mean you set a rate and while in the field it won't hold the rate?

As other say, the speed change you see while holding down the prime button is normal. You should be getting 14v off that alternator, though.

Hydraulic flow is important. The electric motors are intended to simply set the desired speed and the hydraulic torque converters (power steering units really) are supposed to do the actual work.
Ok. Haven’t tried it in the field yet. Just thought it was strange that we couldn’t set the rate manually in the monitor and watch it work.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
The only time you can get it up to speed is when a tech brings his giget and fools the cart into thinking it’s going 6 mph. When I calibrate the meter turns very very slowly

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only time you can get it up to speed is when a tech brings his giget and fools the cart into thinking it’s going 6 mph. When I calibrate the meter turns very very slowly
Ok. And yours is a vr tank I am assuming?

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Yes rv tank

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Can you go into setup and change them there?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
can but won’t allow us to click on them they are white with grey dots and won’t open, almost like they are shut off.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I gather you got your alternator issue sorted out ( assuming yours is also an AC delco unit that is very common to the older GM pickups and simpler just to have a reman unit on the shelf ready to install as they only last so many years due to dust intake ) . I can't even guess what is wrong with the unit due to the screen not giving you control of that setting but thought I would throw out a simple check even if it may do no good and that is take electrical contact cleaner spray and spray down the connector plugs at the tractor and where the cart harness ( if its a tow behind cart ) plugs in at the rear of the seed toolbar. You may have already done that upon hooking it up but its not a bad practice to do each year to get any possible funk off of those little pins. Although that can be done at the cart where the controller boxes are as well, I would refrain from touching them unless you get better advice that says your problem really is a connection issue. Also just make sure no wires have pulled off of the relay switch that is mounted under the battery cover, I've forgotten all what it controls but just the fact that you were messing with that cover a wire may have pulled off.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
I would call a Teck. Funny almost like it’s locked out

Reactions: Northern Farmer

·
Registered
257 Posts
I would check that you have numbers in the meter calibration, wheel speed calibration, and implement width settings first.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi. Also have an issue with my p1060 cart meter system. It is not a vr model it is all mechanical drive and 3 tanks. My issue is that on my monitor every couple hours it says all my rates fall out of range. They drop pretty consistently by 10% and all 3 of them together. I am pretty sure that I am putting on my desired rate of product. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
can but won’t allow us to click on them they are white with grey dots and won’t open, almost like they are shut off.
Are the tanks turned on? In the tank setup there will be a box to turn on, I think it is a little checkmark on mine although it's been 10 months...

Hi. Also have an issue with my p1060 cart meter system. It is not a vr model it is all mechanical drive and 3 tanks. My issue is that on my monitor every couple hours it says all my rates fall out of range. They drop pretty consistently by 10% and all 3 of them together. I am pretty sure that I am putting on my desired rate of product. Any thoughts?
Main clutch? There should be a run screen where you can watch shaft speeds, so watch them in relation to the rate and speed to further diagnose.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.