The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need constructive feedback on the newholland p2070 drill. How is it in heavy trash? How is the field finish? And which opener works best on these units? Thinking of purchasing one.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Need constructive feedback on the newholland p2070 drill. How is it in heavy trash? How is the field finish? And which opener works best on these units? Thinking of purchasing one.
Probably get a much better response if posting this q in seeding and tillage.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
You will big hydro flow for this drill like 80 gpm. Otherwise u will have problems. I recently was in the market for a new drill, and when I asked my case dealer about their version of this drill, they said they wouldn't sell me one. I bought a bourgault 3710 coulter drill. Couldn't be happier

·
Registered
93 Posts
The trash flow is ok, wider spacing helps too, but if you try go through a mat of straw expect it to plug.

We use the updated CNH openers, the seed placement is great with them but dislike how they throw dirt onto other rows, also sounds like guys have trouble seeding peas with them.

Field finish can be compared to any other independent opener drill, depends on conditions, stubble, etc.

We have a 70' on 10" spacing and use a t9040 with standard hyd. Pump and have had zero issues

1 - 4 of 4 Posts