The Combine Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
I have customers with 2010 and newer ISX, no major complaints from them, yet. Minor emission related issues (DEF tanks/pumps/heaters, there have been updates galore and sometimes back-ordered parts) and minor coolant leaks from time to time. Any customers or otherwise that have feedback on the Paccar engines have expressed mild contentment with the engine, but all have complained of poor power. Come to think of it, any customer with sub-500HP rated ISX have complained of poor power, too. Remember to compare apples to apples, ISX12 or ISX15? Power and torque ratings? Even the ISX15 rated 550 or 600 has or had different torque ratings, either 1850 or 2050 lbs/ft.
The usual complaint is staying power on the hills, or throttle response. In order to keep smoke under control from transient load (think rack control or aneroids), the injector signal is ramped up gradually, instead of a square-wave on/off signal. This results in what feels like sluggish performance, even though the engine might dyno out at 500 or so HP. I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but I sell and install Steinbauers that have proven quite adept at improving the overall feel and performance of these later-model "soft power" engines.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.