The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We wear a set of scrapers out a year to keep the packers clean. Wondering if hard surfacing them would make them last a considerable longer amount of time?

·
Registered
524 Posts
we hard surface or ceramic coat as much as we can and it pays
a spool of stoody 101hc was 700.00 and a little time in evenings

·
Registered
268 Posts
Get ahold of VW Manufacturing in Dunmore AB. They make scrapers with carbides in them for Deere drills. A little more money up front but they last a long time. I run them on my 1870.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Have you tried running without them?
We're in the stickiest gumbo in Western Canada. I took them off. Rob power, fue,l and wreck packers.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would of liked to buy a set of semi pneumatic packers cause yes clay sticks that u can hear it squealing in cab of tractor. Would only cost me 41,880 dollars for just the packers, needless to say wouldn't get that for drill if traded in. And if we back up we break u bolts because of the pressure on them. Isn't depth control sacrificed if run without the scrapers? As the packers build up drill lifts up not?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Would of liked to buy a set of semi pneumatic packers cause yes clay sticks that u can hear it squealing in cab of tractor. Would only cost me 41,880 dollars for just the packers, needless to say wouldn't get that for drill if traded in. And if we back up we break u bolts because of the pressure on them. Isn't depth control sacrificed if run without the scrapers? As the packers build up drill lifts up not?
I had the rubber. Yes there was buildup to a certain degree than they seem to maintain consistency.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the rubber. Yes there was buildup to a certain degree than they seem to maintain consistency.
We have steel on works for 80 percent of our soil. Even with semi pneumatic u have sticking troubles. This was a slough that hasnt been seeded in quite a few years so no trash to help clean but its sticky

·
Registered
719 Posts
We've been running the Devloo roto mud scrapers on our 1830 for a few years now and have been very happy with them. We have way less issues with wearing packers out and plugging scrapers since we got rid of the Deere scrapers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts