The Combine Forum banner

Packing Pressure (PSI) for Canola

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  MariamWQ 
#1 ·
We have a New Holland T9 645 2021 tractor. Running a 7700 bourgalt with a 3330 drill.

Wondering for advice on PSI that is good for canola (compaction wheels).
It is on the dry side here.
seems good if it is 1050 PSI if it is wet.
But unsure on if it is dry and also if it is dry then rains a inch two days later?

any advice grain farmers?

#6 ·
Have pack master on my BG. Running higher set pressure because of the dry conditions.
I have seen it vary from low of 1100 to high of 1700.
Average would be around 1300 to 1400 pounds for this season. When I dig seed I don't find it too tight. Our soil may be less clay than yours though.

#7 ·
Thank you for response. Wow that is high in my opinion, though I sure don’t know everything. My dad said that we were packing the canola in too tight for years. We had the V-packers before. And yes, he was right.
The most we go with wheat is 1350. I can’t imagine going that tight with canola.

#13 · (Edited)
This plant is undemanding to the soil. It grows on almost all types of it. However, fertile soils free from over-compactions of the solution are more suitable for obtaining good yields. I have been harvesting this crop for almost 10 years. Moreover, my factory packs the finished product. Therefore, I ordered new equipment from spackmachine.com last week. Btw, Nitrogen is important for rapeseed as it forms a powerful vegetative mass. You need to take from 5 to 6 kg of nitrogen for each hundredweight of products during this entire period.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.