The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2188 rotary screen.........recomend a color and kind of paint that resembles the OEM look. I know the OEM was galvanized.....too bad that rust has to start showing up.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Before I went to all the trouble, I would seriously consider having it chemically treated with something to remove the galvy first. Then if it were mine, I'd have it powder coated, not painted. Paint will build up at the holes and you'll likely have reduced air flow. JMHO.

A black and red scheme would look good IMO. The newer 2388s with the fluid powered screen are all black and they look good. But a red outside band would set things off especially from an angle.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Oh right, they're silver on a 2188 aren't they? My memories were thrown off by the black replacement screen on our old 1680. Only thing I can think of is the new Gleaner silver (probably too bright) or OEM black. Personally, I think the black looks nice.

On our 2388 the paint was coming off the back of the screen so I just grabbed a can of black from our dealer. It's about a 10ft paint job; not perfect but much better than patches of silver spinning around. The screen itself has some rust on it, but my overactive imagination had the holes in the screen filling with paint and reducing airflow (probably not an issue seeing how it was already painted once).

·
Registered
102 Posts
go to your dealer and get a can of ih non glare black and paint it. we havent had any issues at our dealership with the holes plugging.

·
Registered
929 Posts
If you paint it in several light coats I would think you could do it without plugging the wholes. If you try to coat it all once and call it good it will probably plug holes. my 2 cents

1 - 5 of 5 Posts