The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some advice from some of you seasoned operators/owners. I was asked to buy into a 9510 JD and I am pencilling out if it would come out. This combine does about a thousand acres of corn and beans and some wheat. I only dealed with operating this combine not the fine tune details such as maitnence cost and fuel costs. My uncle would be the other partner and this combine combines all of his corn for his feed mill and we would split everything 50/50 and the combine would charge $30.00 a acre. So my main question is Maintnece cost? How much Fuel roughly does this machine go through on level ground, average beans and 30% moisture corn. Basically I am looking for some tips on what else I should be figuring in with this partnership and some problems that some of you have faced with a 9510. The only peice of equipment I am going 50/50 on is the combine and cart. Thank You

·
Registered
243 Posts
too much for here...
My advice is don't listen to anyone on the net and talk to some trusted locals...

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Figure in how each of you is going to feel when each person's crop is perfectly ready to go and weahter is coming.

How far apart are your 2 farms, any transport issues and cost?

Maybe you could "rent" it from him for a year or 2 for similar cost, put in your own fuel and repairs and see how it works out. Partnerships can really suck, especially amongst family or friends, or it can work out fine. Be careful and good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I run a 9510 and do about 5000 + ac per year,It will use aprox 1. 2 gal of fuel per ac,and I figure about a $1 per ac for direct maintance,Then u have to figure in cart expence.I figure $5 total per acre out of pocket ex. then u have investment expence /intrest and repayment.
hope that helps u.only one other thing I suggest a joint expence acc at the bank ,deposit equal amounts at begining of harvest season so one don't have to figure who payed what,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts