The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the whole combine scene. As I have stated in an earlier post, we are thinking of buying a combine to rotate some acres out of cotton. We were looking at 77-8820s since you can find decent ones up north and they are fairly cheap. But since then, I have talked with a few people that say some parts are hard to come by. I know, that, in the short time I have been a member of this site, someone will know the availability of parts. Or should I look for something a little newer. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
200 Posts
i have ran a 7720 II for 6 years and never ran into a part i could not get in a day or two at the most. some you may have to get from a yard, but that can save a fortune on a lot of parts that deere still has new.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a 1987 6620 T2. I have looked up lots of parts on the JD Parts website and have yet to find a part listed NLA. The 20 series share many parts thru the series. Almost all the wear parts like bearings, shafts, pulleys, augers, walkers ect, ect are available aftermarket to. Some large parts like complete final drives and like parts I'am sure are no longer available from Deere but they still have all the internal parts for these assemblies. There are many salvage yards across the country that stock used parts for these machines to. I'am not in the least bit worried about sourcing any needed parts for my 6620, at least not for another 10 to 15 years, just to many still in use.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have had a 7700 for the last 5 years-never had problem getting any parts for it-and I have rebuilt large portions of it. I don't think you will have a problem with 20 series for a long long time, and if you do every scrapyard has a row of them.

The only ones I have heard it can be hard for is some 3300/4400 parts-but those are another 15-20 years older.

·
Registered
34 Posts
We have run our 7720 for a good 15 years and havn't had any trouble finding parts.

The only reason we had to wait was because the dealer in town didnt have the part so we had to get it from one someplace else.

Deere does a VERY good job with keeping parts available for older equipment. I wouldn't be one bit scared to invest in a 20 series deere. Some of the best bines out there!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts