The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

First dealership closes of the winter ? Saw this on twitter any reason this location is closing? I thought foam lake was a pretty strong farming area

·
Registered
215 Posts
Strong area, but they usually kept about 1 combine, 1 drill and 1 baler on site. Only 15 minutes from Wynyard dealer

·
Registered
489 Posts
Just the begining ..Lots of Pattison stores are close to each other..Hang on for the ride boys..The farther the service call the better for them...

·
Registered
23 Posts
  1. Supposedly Jim (Pattison) wants to buy out South Country but Mother Deere told him no because he is big enough already (which I kind of find hard to believe but WDIK), so he is going to close Foam Lake and the other small JD dealers he has so Deere will let him buy out South Country. To me it just seems like another reason not to deal with them, pretty well have control of all Deere dealers in Eastern Saskatchewan then, ever since they bought out Maple prices have skyrocketed and only keep getting higher and higher.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
SCE is Regina, Moose Jaw, mossbank, Assinaboia, weyburn, Southey, momarte, Raymore.
I’m surprised Deere would be worried they have to many stores. I think Deere only wants 1 or 2 owners in western Canada. Maybe they just don’t like the small stores.
We can’t buy new anywhere but our local chain now, but more conglomerates will hurt used and part pricing even more.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Heard they cut out calendars this year because of a poor year
Wouldn't surprise me if they would do that, just a poor excuse to give less to the customers while receiving more and more. Ain't nobody going to tell me that times are that hard at that place, I can go to Rocky Mountain and get a calendar, and they ain't any worse off.

·
Registered
426 Posts
how can they service you better from farther away, now they can charge for traveling to calls and trucking. You would think that after the last few years in agriculture, forestry and oil, they would kiss our a$$es to do business with them.Too many bean counters not caring for the beans. If the ORIGINAL Summachs,Morris, Sakundiaks, Demkiw and Yakemitzs, Leon Malonowsky(not the family clowns now)and all the true agricultural equipment pioneers were alive there would be somebody taken behind the shed and taught some respect

·
Registered
828 Posts
  1. Supposedly Jim (Pattison) wants to buy out South Country but Mother Deere told him no because he is big enough already (which I kind of find hard to believe but WDIK), so he is going to close Foam Lake and the other small JD dealers he has so Deere will let him buy out South Country. To me it just seems like another reason not to deal with them, pretty well have control of all Deere dealers in Eastern Saskatchewan then, ever since they bought out Maple prices have skyrocketed and only keep getting higher and higher.
Well somebody has to pay for the multimillion dollar flagship store in Yorkton.
And you can bet Jimmy wants to get paid back from that investment plus make a percentage profit on top.
You can blame mother Deere for all these expensive multi million dollar buildings they are the ones demanding them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts