The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, dad's debating on purchasing a pea auger for our honeybee 94c, it's really the first year that we will be straight cutting peas with a draper, we always either swathed or used the old rigid when we had our tx66. What are your guys experience?

· Registered
418 Posts
What size of header is it? We have one on our 42 ft and some days I love it on there and some days I hate it. I've found the most important part is to keep it lifted high in the center and low on the ends because if its straight across it'll bring the peas the the center but it will block them from going in.

· Registered
219 Posts
I find if your peas are flat on the ground the way ours usually are it is not needed. Only if they are bushy it saves a lot of getting out of the cab and stomping them down.
We mainly have them for straight cutting canola.

· Super Moderator
31,408 Posts
You may not need it all the time but when you do it's invaluable.
The wider the header the more likely it will help, the better or bigger the crop the more it will help, the bigger the combine the more it will help.
I run a 40' FD 75 on a 780, harvest both peas and canola as well as wheat and barley.
I simply could not have the header without an UCA.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a 36 foot! Running on a 05 Cr 960, the header feeds well just not much experience with drapers in peas we tried it once with our old header on our TX and the drum was half the size it is in the new draper. So it was having a hard time grabbing the peas. We switched to our rigid table then. Peas are looking bushy this year so far!

· Registered
1,172 Posts
Have the same header with a pea auger. Would put it on. Have seen headers run without an auger and it will still feed but conditions need to be right. Was side by side with a Macdon without an auger and my Honey Bee with. The MD spent more time reversing and playing with the reels to get the peas to feed.

· Registered
1,732 Posts
I had two on newer 36' 94c's. They were 2009s. We have had major issues with the peas hanging up half way down the header on the "adjustable jack" at the universal joint. Due to residue management I was cutting peas low and maybe that is why I had these issues? I spoke with a friend and he has a pea auger with a universal joint split on his 36' but not with the adjustable jack. His HB is from 1998 era. He said he had no problems and uses the cross auger. I have now traded these headers due to these issues and others such as debris feeding under the canvas and stalling it. I am glad to be rid of these problems and hope I haven't bought worse!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.