The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I got mobile last Monday and have snapped a few shots yesterday, here they are.......enjoy,

Aussiefarmer

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Neat. How come you're using a regular platform instead of the pea plucker? Is the pea plucker just for special or tough conditions?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
G day all, will try to reply to all the comments,

Don the moisture last load was about 10% but its much lower now probly 8 or 9 %? and yes its the deere setup in the gleaner. its a bit heavy in the steering and disengages a bit but im happy with it so far.

christian, gleaners produce one of the best samples around. We use punch hole sieves on the top and get a terrific sample except when there is a lot of snails around the build up is a nightmare! looks much like cow s**t stuck to all the elevators etc. This variety is called Kaspa.

okpanhandle, we only have the one plucker its on my fathers machine, this year this variety grew very well and produced some of the bulkyest vines we have seen for a long time even though it has been so dry this year so I was able to harvest with crop lifters, a very slow process in our rocky fields.

Dave that silver one holds about 1000 bags or 3000bu in your language. we need them to keep the machines mobile as it takes the truck up to 2 hours round trip to deliver the grain. very popular in australia.

...........bad news, both our machines are a bit crippled at the moment! I have a bearing to replace and dad is having gearbox troubles, I should be back at it tomorrow....fingers crossed

aussiefarmer

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
i have a neighboor in western australia who built in the nineties i think a field bin of similar design that holds 150 tonne (over 5500 bushel in north america speak) they call it the ark. also popular down here are mobile silos that are open top with hopper bottoms to stick augers straight into. I just bought one that is supposed to hold 86 tonne (nearly 3200 bus) it cost me $15400, cheap for the storage ammount. they cant be shifted with any grain in them and they are wide at 6.5 meters so they do have their downsides but i never saw anything like it in canada. those yields seem alright for peas, they would have already gone off with the hot weather on that second last week in september, were the rest of your crops affected. we are south east coast western australia and we started the season looking at a drought but the season has ended up not bad. if we had 50 mm in mid april it would have ended up a great year.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Just great! Now Aussie, your pics of those silly peas only make me HUNGRY!!! Yes, more than I already am!

Oh well, it's just been too long since I've had a big bowl of peas and ham/smoked turkey!

Great pics and I concur with Christian, as to your headers' performance. I suppose that's one more reason for whetting my appetite. I simply love pulse along with grains and other edible seed.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nig71, if we had 50mm at the right time in june we could have broke all sorts of records this year! but we have had about 9" for the year and have close to average crops which we are happy about. not too often these yields happen with that rainfall.

thanks combiness!

aussiefarmer

·
Super Moderator
5,952 Posts
Oh great Aussiefarmer... we are having pea soup... and you talk about snails being smashed to bits and getting mixed about the peas YUCK!!!

Only kidding
Do you know what your kg/hl is?

Hope you get rolling again soon!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
christian, im sure they wash them before they split them, but i think most of our peas go into stockfeed or get exported to india so highly unlikely you will eat any from australia

they dont seem too worried about how much snail goo you come in with they just dont like finding live whole ones.
plenty of snail meat comes into the sample in wheat too but im guessing it gets cleaned out before being made into flour?

unsure of the weight ? they dont measure that when they test peas, only cereals and maybe other pulses we dont grow?

aussiefarmer

·
Super Moderator
5,952 Posts
Well, we don't buy peas in the store... they come off the combine, get screened, and then turned into pea soup

We only have grasshoppers (which aren't all that delicious either - LOL)!

Out here peas are tested for weight... at least the mill & order buyer here do?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Man thats an awsome Sample, Rivals my Wheat Sample, I thought that was good but they are almost perfect!

Also, Now convert your yield to my language, I dont speak in bags or Bushels. I speak in tons to the ha/ac.

whens your wheat coming off mate? Ours in Central QLD has just got underway (it was really late).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts