The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting 15-30mph winds and some small showers. Was hoping to let the peas dry a bit more and get more done before going into the field, probably 25% moisture now. but... I would rather be drying peas in the bin than having them on the ground. So, hopefully I will be cutting peas today if things work out. The field is almost all the light brown color now, so they aren't far off anyway. Anything that is almost dry is falling on the ground. Wasn't all ready to go yet, rushing to do so now.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did get a start today. These are on barley stubble. I need to learn how to set my combine. Started with 9650 walker using book settings. Have 36ft drapper and went 3mph. 15-20 bushel on the yield monitor. Well, I thought it was better than that.... Tried to speed up, that was worse. Slowed down, way down to 1.5mph. 30-40bu/acre and the tank seemed to show it. It was dark at this time. I have some settings to do on it. 20% moisture.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.