The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just recieved the pf beater spped up kit for our 9610, the instructions say that we have to cut a mount off and re-weld it 3/8" over to clear the large pully. When I spoke with them, they didn't mention anything about it... We don't want to hack up the combine in any way, assumed it was a bolt on, so if it installs as the instructions state it is a big undertaking ( contrary to their claim of 1/2 hour installation). This isn't a basic mount either, so it'll take a skilled hand on the grinder/torch and a good weld, not sure if I'm comfortable. Is it possible to simply install the smaller pulley on the beater side and buy different belts? How much of a difference will this make in terms of speed up?

I'll call tomorrow and get some details but after paying more for this than the JD kit and finding that I need to grind/cut and weld it's a little disappointing. As well, if I just use the smaller pulley its a whole lot of money for just one pulley, hope I can return the other parts if this a way to go...

Why didn't they just make the bigger pulley 1" smaller, is it that much of a big deal to get the 60% increase? It would make installation a snap and no cutting, grinding, welding, etc.

Any experience or suggestions?!

(Thanks in advance)

·
Registered
778 Posts
I've installed a dozen of these kits this year and the frame mod is no big deal. With my plasma cutter and mig welder i can do the mod in less than 10 minutes. And yes, the 60% increase is a big deal. You won't be sorry you did it.

Make darn sure your stock beater is in good shape and is not out of balance or half full of dust otherwise it'll shake like crazy. I usually change up to the PF beater if I do the spd-up kit just because the stock beater is such a piece of junk.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
mike at pf parts says just reversing the two existing pulleys that are already on the machine will give a 33% increase, you might like to try it before cutting metal. if there is good increase in capacity then it might encourage you to do the hard yards.

trouble is small things rarely seem to jump at you and make you think it is doing a much better job. better to go the whole hog, and put in a new beater and cylinder as well. trying to see a 5% increase could just be a different temperature on the day an not the modification.

i am hoping to fit the whole system to my cts11 after it arrives by boat next month.

·
Registered
530 Posts
you can buy the OEM 75% kit and reverse the pulleys giving you a faster beater speed and you dont have to cut or weld anything. I will say that even though deeres kit reversed is not as big of an increase in speed you will crack more grain than you did before with it, I wouldnt want to see more speed in this area than I already have, and I dont run the stock sheet metal beaters either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts