The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just ordered a new cylinder and beater for my cts11 and it should arrive on farm sometime between swathing the canola and harvesting it. anybody done this job before?

how long should it take?
should i just get an expert to install it?
what does it entail?, i know the separator module has to come out, and the feeder house has to come off. but after that i would be figuring it out on the run.
i do have access to a telehandler.
is there a special setup needed with these cylinders as per the sunnybrook website for their cylinders?http://www.sunnybrookwelding.com/sunny_image/jdcylinderset.pdf
i take it that this will be a similar setup to the sunnybrook cylinder.

it looks like a mean bit of gear and i reckon it will help my machine a lot in canola. it needs it!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so after looking at the thread on replacing the 9500 beater the pf parts one might slip in through the hatch in the engine bay instead of removing the seperator module from the machine?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Again, I'm not familiar with the cts so I don't know if the beater can be done through the engine bay but you said you're doing a cylinder too so why would you not do the beater through the front at that time? It's twice as easy as the back, at least on a walker machine.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Can't see any possibility of getting a beater in through the engine compartment on a cts. Have you looked in through there?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts