The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enjoy looking at everbody elses so I'm posting some of my own.Will be posting some on tractor page too.

out with th old

In with the new

·
Registered
48 Posts
Enjoy the photos,nice looking barley
What did the barley yield and what crop were windrowed
Greetings
Solly

·
Registered
31 Posts
Quote:Does anyone notice any difference between Photos From Manitoba and Kirby....And The Hillside of Doom!?

Don

Yup the difference is one has red combines while the other has green......!?!?!?!?! Its just a personal prefrence Don. Other than that everything else looks about the same....HEHEHE

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are our combines.We farm 8000 acres.We straight cut all our wheat ant our barley is windrowed. Barley averaged about 80 bpa

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Yes, Don. I've noticed that they make better use of land levelers in Manitoba, and they also assemble their machinery more carefully --- not so crooked. ;
D

I came thru' the three hills area, about sept. 12,--13, everything shut down for rain.

·
Super Moderator
2,522 Posts
Quote:Yes, Don. I've noticed that they make better use of land levelers in Manitoba, and they also assemble their machinery more carefully --- not so crooked. ;
D

I came thru' the three hills area, about sept. 12,--13, everything shut down for rain.

That would be quite an extensive not to mention expensive project. As you may have noticed we're about 1/2 way between those extremes (it is called Three Hills after all). I'd take the flat stuff. Some say you get more land with the hills. Mathematically, yes and they can have it. Makes for fantastic pictures though.
I live on the NW side of the first hill. My mailing and phone # are Three Hills but the Ag dealers are in Trochu and I live 1/2 way between. Hence the location tag. Just in case any one was wondering, I'm sure you weren't.
And yes tell me about the rain delays. Just got rolling (if you want to call 5 km/hr with a 9860, 3 with 9070 rolling) on wheat yesterday and we got rain and snow pelleted out.
You see Combiness, I told you about Custom Harvesters and central Alberta (and north) harvest conditions.
You say you were through our area, hope you enjoyed the trip, where are you from?

Thanks

Don

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We've had really good luck with our volvo.The most major repair I can think of is that on in the photo blew the turbo a few days ago.We are currently demoing a new one will post pic's if we buy(probably will)

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Originally from Beaverlodge, AB. Now living in the Okanagan ( Vernon). Just had to go and see some combining. Guess what -- saw combines, but no combining;
maybe next year.

·
Super Moderator
2,522 Posts
Thank you.
I wish you could have seen have seen combining too.
For me, maybe tomorrow or the next day or .............

Don

·
Registered
281 Posts
Nice Photos, expecially the 2nd photo of the No.2 9860 picking up windrows everything in the photo just looks right. I dont know what it is but it seems in the US/Canada you get jibbed on the trailers you can put behind semi's- how many bushles fit in tri-axle trailer and the twin axle trailer, just to me it seem very little.

Thanks for the photos - enjoy the harvest

Cheers Camel

1 - 20 of 40 Posts