The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to upload some pic's and they were too large the message said . Something like 1950 meg was the max . What to doo -- don't know how to make pic's smaller .

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Had the same problem last night, never before. Ended up just deleting what I wrote and rejoined the real world. Not happy.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I couldn’t upload a picture either. Normally it would right from my phone. I wonder if something has changed or there is something wrong with the site

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,714 Posts
Same here. Dimensions of pic too large error message or something like that. iPhone 6s. My old 4s would upload pics no worries.
There's no settings on this phone that will change it.

Taking a screen shot often defeats the purpose of a large shot........... Not as clear as well.

So Forum Controllers, if your listening. Fix it. Increase the default photo sizes please. These phones aren't going away, and no doubt they might increase their pic capacity in the future.

Need I remind you that iam a FULLY PAID up member which entitles me to post unlimited pics. At the moment I can't post ANY!!

·
Administrator
458 Posts
Same here. Dimensions of pic too large error message or something like that. iPhone 6s. My old 4s would upload pics no worries.
There's no settings on this phone that will change it.

Taking a screen shot often defeats the purpose of a large shot........... Not as clear as well.

So Forum Controllers, if your listening. Fix it. Increase the default photo sizes please. These phones aren't going away, and no doubt they might increase their pic capacity in the future.

Need I remind you that iam a FULLY PAID up member which entitles me to post unlimited pics. At the moment I can't post ANY!!
What resolution is your phone set to that it's taking photos bigger than 2 megs? I've up'd the attachment limit regardless.

Kyle

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,714 Posts
What resolution is your phone set to that it's taking photos bigger than 2 megs? I've up'd the attachment limit regardless.

Kyle
Thanks for the reply Kyle. I can't find that out. There seems to be no adjustable camera settings, just a default setup.

It's not actually the photo KB's it seems to be an actual dimension size is the problem.

I just tried to upload a photo from my gallery.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I don't know if this helps but I use an image resizer program. I looked in my download box and I believe it is this one. The one I use, is integrated into Windows 7 (don't know about 10). Right click after hi-lighting files or files and open up the software.

Image Resizer for Windows - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

I don't know if that will help you but it is worth a try.

Just make sure you find the right spot to click on the screen. Advertisers have a nasty way to blend in useless garbage. It should be called ImageResizerSetup.exe when you click ok to download! This is okay for windows computers not sure what you can do with phones?

·
Registered
505 Posts
20170928_174707.jpg

This picture is about 4000 x 3000 uploaded from my Samsung galaxy s6. Lots of my photos are 5300 x 3000 , if this works out I'll try one of those.

·
Super Moderator
3,031 Posts
Strange,

The dimensions in the backend is set to 5000x5000
Can you try what the fellow members suggested above?
Give that a try and see how it goes

Cheers,

Ed
When you upload it gives size as KB or MB, uploaded 3 pics out of curiosity, ranged from
622.8 KB to 5.91 MB
How does that equate to your sizing?

·
Premium Member
8,181 Posts
I have not had an issue with file size, but the pictures are not inserting into my posts like they were a week ago.

If you could allow a way to use larger dimension photos for our avatar that get scaled down to fit, that would be great. I have a avatar photo that won't seem to work.

·
Administrator
458 Posts
The Thumbnail image was very low compared to what we have on our other sites. I've up'd the size so they'll now appear bigger in the posts. I can't up it so the massive images will show as that would slow down the page load times, but you can still click on them to see them full screen.

Test-

Large Image.jpg

Niall

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,714 Posts
Thanks Admins.
By increasing all the file types to 5000x5000
I can now post a phone photo straight from the gallery.

It seems to be an attachment now tho not just the pic outright........

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts