The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
723 Posts
I'm going to guess they are built more like the 1293's were, a little lighter & cheaper than the current 612C's...

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not sure, I don't know a lot about deere corn heads but i am pretty sure that it is the exact same thing as a 600 series corn head. 600's don't have any berings on the front of the stalk rollers do they?

Eric

·
Registered
528 Posts
thats strange .. i doubt it will last long like the big frontier disks they sold some from 20 - 40 ft ones for like 6 months then they canceled them

·
Registered
13 Posts
Frontier's CH21 Series and CH22 Series Corn Heads have been designed to provide increased wide-row corn head options that complement the current John Deere corn head model mix. The CH2112 and CH2208 Corn Heads provide the high-capacity and productivity features growers are looking for in the unique wide-row configuration.

These corn heads utilize John Deere row units, a similar design, and a frame with rugged construction to deliver durability and dependability second to none.

CH2112 is a 12-row non-chopping model with 36-in. or 38-in. row spacing.

CH2208 is an 8-row chopping model with 36-in. or 38-in. row spacing.

I have pics but dont know how to post them

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm still at a loss why they're branded Frontier, though. What's wrong with slapping Deere stickers on them?

To post pics you first have to upload them to a hosting service like Photobucket or Imageshack. From there it's pretty straightforward; just copy/paste the provided link into your post.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Frontier corn heads are made by Oxbo for Deere.They use some Deere components as well as some Oxbo.The are geared mainly to Southern farmers who use wide row equipment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts