The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice looking 9600 you have there. I take it you didn't take the pic today. From what I've been hearing, you(and the rest of the panhandle) are getting a ice/snow storm right now.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I wanted to post a picture of my new bin extension. I searched for a while, and settled on the Maurer Extension. After the install, I really came to appreciate the quality of it. The fit was great..I was pleasantly supprised.. If anyone needs a set of OEM grain bin extensions, you might message me..

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Look ok?
Regards,

·
Registered
521 Posts
NO WAY~~~~~
I did not take the picture, today! You are very correct in saying that we got it (snow & ice). Yesterday, during the day, it was not too bad, but last night, it cut loose! I would estimate that we got nearly an inch of rain (last night, alone--about 1.4" altogether)! Then (the fallen rain), turned to ice, and the trees and the power lines got all coated over. Fortunately, though, today (Wed., Dec. 20) the sun came out for a while (but cloudy again now) to help get some of the ice off of the power lines. The electricity keeps flickering...is it gonna go out? ha ha The tree [limbs] are still nearly touching the ground, though. Some of the limbs have given up and cracked off.

Every rose has its' torns, right? The wheat really needed some moisture. The ground temp. is still warm enough to let the grass roots do some growing, too.

I hear, now, that the storm is moving toward Denver, CO. GMA (on the tv) said that the airports in that area were going to come to a complete standstill...YIKES! I'll be Home for Christmas

Back to the subject: I got the tank caps (below the grain tank extension) screwed down, a day or two ago. The fit of the tank caps are great. I was not expecting them to fit that good. The slots in the tank caps are long, allowing for a lot of adjustment. Does JD sell [JD Green] silicone caulking? I need a little bit of caulking to make the whole thing look "factory".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Suggestion

I suggest making some tabs to go over the rubber seals holding the windows in.

The way they are, if you step on the window, it will pop out. When this happens on a full grain tank it is not really a good thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts