The Combine Forum banner

41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
No i will take you to a trip through Europe. I hope you will enjoy it. Sit back and relax.
Start in Germany.
Harvest in June this year. I was on my way to Luxembourg. Very dry weather and i have seen trailers with green material on it. So go and have a look. Harvesting the growing silphie. I don´t know if it is correct translated.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Leaving Germany, go into Luxembourg.
See some baling

See some bale loading

Visit the biggest Rolling Gras producer in Luxembourg

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
@ SantosHor: Yes, i think it´s because of the rain, the wind and the sun. But for the sun it´s only the roof. The covers will be open then.

The journey goes to Switzerland:
Yellow bean harvest. The beans will be frozen from a swiss frozen vegetable company. The company also owns the machines. The contractor operates the machines and do the service and repair. He also organise the trasnportation of the beans. They harvest round about 300 ha of beans like that.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
The farm yard from the contractor.

Pea harvester. They harvest 400ha peas, also for frozening vegetables.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hey Tob79 your town Ditzingen looks familiar country to my friends at Kenzingen where we go. There are a lot of towns with zingen there . Are you near there? I even know a Tobias

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Hi silverrod,
we have many towns with -ingen. Because i live in a small village called Heimerdingen, which belongs to Ditzingen.
I think for you and the guys from the US and CN Kenzingen is just around the corner. But for me as a German it´s far away. It´s about 170km from me!
But the Europa-Park is close to Kenzingen, i think you know that.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
We are still in Switzerland.
I visit a guy with a special Hobby: Collecting IHC, Cormick, Case Tractors. He got 23!!!

In the next town there was a contractor with some special machines. This Claas Forage Harvester are especially for the hills.

Lake Geneva, French-speaking Switzerland

Construction Site Fendt in the Alps

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Our friends have apartments for visitors to Europa Park. Been over 3 times now and enjoy helping out on their farms and stalls. Many funny times

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
@silverrod: Sounds good. So you can see how the things go on in "small" Germany. By the way- If you go nerby Stuttgart, let me know, i can show you some farming things around here. If you interested in.

We also go on in Europe. Now it´s the 23rd of August and i have crossed the border to Italy. I have slept in the alps (2470m above see level) and now i´m going down to the Po Valley. There are many corn and rice farms.

The corn used for Electricity- Bio Gas Plant. I hope this is the right english word for it.

Here you can see why the corn is so tall. These are old rice fileds and so they can flood it with water from the alps.

I like These photo.
[/url
Because there are ditches all around each field, the Trailer have to follow the chopper backwards. The field size goes from small to 8ha-20ac.
[url=http://abload.de/image.php?img=img_7157w9sml.jpg]

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Another Crew harvest for the same Bio Gas Plant, on the other side of the town. The town is called Livorno Ferraris.

Bridge arcoss the water channel.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Another Crew harvest for the same Bio Gas Plant, on the other side of the town. The town is called Livorno Ferraris.

Bridge arcoss the water channel.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Some arround Pictures from Italy.
View from my nightplace in the alps.

Typically alpsfarm

CLAAS Italy in the City Vercelli.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Pictures from a CLAAS Dealer in the same City like CLAAS Italy, Vercelli.
This Dealer prepare the combines for the Rice harvest in this area. Special tracks, like you can see. The Claas Combine can be ordered with Special Rice Options from the production. Some order it with the Terra trac, but some use the Special metal tracks you can see on the Pictures.

41 - 60 of 105 Posts