The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shopping for a 2013 or 2014 7230. Finding out quite a few do not have pivot spout. What's the feasibility and cost of putting one on? Seems like it would be very handy to be able to direct grain + or - 3 ft.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It can be done, but you’d need to add the H-bridge and have a dealer or somebody with the service tool activate it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just added one to a 8240 and it was around $1700 usd. I believe that is about half the price of a auger extension and gives you a lot more options in the field.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I just added one to a 8240 and it was around $1700 usd. I believe that is about half the price of a auger extension and gives you a lot more options in the field.
Gobig, I assume 2013 with new cab have the button on the hydro lever for the pivot spout? As far as wiring you had to add the H-bridge that Ncf7.3 was talking about? Could you describe the wiring parts needed and how you installed the parts? Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
furrowjockey,
Sorry to say but I installed on 2016 8240 it was more of a plug and play scenario. The wire harness was already out on the end of the auger and so was the mounting bracket that the spout hooks onto

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
furrowjockey,
Sorry to say but I installed on 2016 8240 it was more of a plug and play scenario. The wire harness was already out on the end of the auger and so was the mounting bracket that the spout hooks onto
I'm thinking complete setup then would probably be cost prohibitive. As a option when ordering its $1000.00. Thinking I could easily have $2500 with no labor. Thanks for the reply

1 - 7 of 7 Posts