The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our peas just started to flower and they are already 30 inches tall and heavily knit together making a very strong canopy. Was going to spray them with fungicide but wondering if the fungicide will make it down into the canopy or not. Would a plane do a better job than my high clearance with high water and pressure or is it a waste of money when most of the fungicide will land on the top of the canopy. Would like to get some fungicide on the lower canopy so I could try and keep them standing longer since I am pretty sure they will go down flat since they are going to be so tall. Mycosphaerella is already well established on the lowest leaves.

Plane plus chemical is over $25 per acre so would need to see at least a 4 bushel response and not sure if I will get it. Has anyone done any trials with fungicide on heavy canopied peas?

This is on very well drained land and other fields in the area are suffering from xs moisture so I would like to make this most of this crop but don't want to spend any money without a return.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I sprayed my chick peas last week with bravo 12 gallon/acre water 50 psi at 17 mph, #6 grey tips.

With bravo the white droplets are very visible and in a fairly dense canopy (15" tall plant 10" spacing)

There was plenty of droplets on all leaves.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.