The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Yes Ralf, we do. I think they are quite popular in row cropping areas of the mainland (box drills mainly). There are a couple of 12ft 3 point box drills in operation, here in Tassie too (they were new in 1990 & one of them is out of action, while one is still in use today).

I havent seen one like the one in the pictures before,

Cheers,

Craig (TasCowboy)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:Great pictures

What crop are you planting? I gather that the seeder is a Great Plains?

Regards,

TC.

Thanks, Ya it's a Great Plains twin row planter. We're planting corn.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Just a question for my own records, but on the Planting rig, what are those discs out on those arms for on the sides of the Rig? what are they ment to do?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Quote:Just a question for my own records, but on the Planting rig, what are those discs out on those arms for on the sides of the Rig? what are they ment to do?

im not too sure what it would be down under, but there called "markers" in the states, they give you a line to follow for your next pass. They go half the width of the planter, and when you turn around you put your tractor right in the middle of the made line, so half you planter is on each side...

If its a little complicated to understand by itself, here's a better picture describing what i mean (picture was taken from our spring 07 corn planting)

Hope this helps you out,

Dave

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
if you trust your autosteer system enough it can, lol....there's only a couple guys who have autosteer and run without the markers, all the rest of em do...just in case a fuse blew ir it lost signal or somethin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts