The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an update coming right from the field, and yes typing is harder when your bouncing across a field. We've put in over 2000 acres of corn and beans since last thursday. We have 100 acres of corn left which we can't plant due to hog manure and 160 acres of beans to plant, but the ducks haven't left all of that field yet. The beans and corn we planted mothers day weekend are all up and looking excellent. Some of the corn is 2 inches tall and the beans can easily be rowed. I'll put some pics when it rains.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As we sit right now we have 26 acres of beans left and 100 acres of corn. We're currently putting new slats and gating in one of our hog buildings, starting to nitrate test corn ground for side dressing and somewhere in there we have to finish planting. We also have to put our new 2162 flex draper together so theres no slow time in sight!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We finished mudding the rest of the beans sunday and are down to 60 acres of corn left. We recieved over an inch and a half of rain since then so it'll be awhile till we finish.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't say it was that bad but every field had a spot or to that shouldn't have been planted. We finished the last 8 acres of corn last saturday and thought we were done but we picked up some custom work and my brother and I rented some more ground. Its raining now to maybe we can finish for the 2nd time next week. We've also gotten about 900 acres side dressed so things are progressing well. I still have lots of pics to put up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts