The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have to replace feeder chain on jd 9600.is there any difference between Harvest and Gibson feeder chains?anybody had any problems with them jumping a cog,heard some complaints on that?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Never had a Gibson but I have used a Harvest In 3 combines now one being a 9600. They have been very good for us . They run much quieter seem to require less adjusting feed very good and I have never had an issue with them jumping.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
We had an OEM chain that kept jumping until it finally broke. When I got everything apart I found out the previous owner had installed it with one sprocket on the shaft backwards, which puts it out of time a half a tooth with the rest of the sprockets. Just eyeballing them with the header on won't cut it. If a chain is jumping get a straight edge on there to make sure the sprockets are lining up.

·
Registered
205 Posts
We had an OEM chain that kept jumping until it finally broke. When I got everything apart I found out the previous owner had installed it with one sprocket on the shaft backwards, which puts it out of time a half a tooth with the rest of the sprockets. Just eyeballing them with the header on won't cut it. If a chain is jumping get a straight edge on there to make sure the sprockets are lining up.
The sprockets can be reversed for wear, so I am not sure about what
you have posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.