The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My feeder house and header will engage, but will not take a load. I'm cutting in 35-40 bushel wheat and can only go 4mph. If I try to go any faster it overloads and slows down, eventually stopping all together. After kicking it in and out of gear several times it kicks in and you can definitely feel the difference and here it in the cab. Once it's in I can go and push the machine and it works great. Very frustrated though. I put on a new solenoid, the clutch isn't hot so I don't think that's a problem, but I don't know where to go next.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Re: Please Help - Feeder house trouble on 2000 238

I had a 1640 that used to catch on a shield when the pulley moved to engage, and that prevented the pulley from getting tight. I guess I haven't had that problem with my 2388 now, so I don't know if there are any shields or anything else for it to get hung up on. Otherwise, it might be a belt slipping.
If it engages when you turn on the switch, but just slips when under a load it likely a belt slipping somewhere, Run it under a load for a little and let it slip, then check all the pulleys to find out which one is warm, and diagnose from there.
I've had the pivot points on spring loaded idler pulleys get so gunked up with dust it turned the grease to tar and they wouldn't keep proper tension on the pulleys.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Re: Please Help - Feeder house trouble on 2000 238

slip clutches are toast on right hand side of feeder, remove cover you will see were its been hot, once they slip its history, seen it many times, pain of a job, if ya can't git pulley off, biggest issue is gitting darn gibbs keys to come out, got questions ask away, remove darn shield, run it when it slips you will darn sure what i'm talking about, good luck, scott.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts